• 2001 Audi TT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2003 Altima 3.5 SE

• Acura RSX Type S

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

I found an MR2 for 155xx, it's an 01 with 45k miles...I have 4g's to put down...Aside form buying Pills' S2K, not many nearby are in the 16k range...I know it would be a PITA to have it shipped from OH to FL. Looking for a 225-ish/mo car payment, length of loan dosent matter to me.

I'd prefer RWD, AWD, FWD in that order. The only thing holding me back from really wanting a WRX is the gas mileage, if I wanted to get 14/18, I'd drive a Jeep Wrangler. (which I am at the moment :))

I have driven all but the MR2, which I plan to later today or tomorrow. Out of all of them, I liked the S2K's handling and comfort the most (shut up Brian, I don't know how I can fit in, but you can't, we are the same size)

i would honeslty say its up to your personal prefrence...

if i were dropping 16K on a car i would be in the library checking consumer reports before anything else...

i would say honda and acura for their reliability but don't the S2K rears take a shit?
haven;t heard anything bad about the acuras...

i would avoid audi and the like simply because of maint and repair costs

i would also advise that you check the insurance rates on all these cars before making a decision

the insurance could be a bigger $$$ factor than the mileage...

I guess if I had to vote, I would say Acura. It's got all the things a car must have: A roof, and 2 doors. And it's not a TT, although I respect the TT in it's coupe form.

Quoted post[/post]]
i would honeslty say its up to your personal prefrence...

if i were dropping 16K on a car i would be in the library checking consumer reports before anything else...

i would say honda and acura for their reliability but don't the S2K rears take a shit?
haven;t heard anything bad about the acuras...

i would avoid audi and the like simply because of maint and repair costs

i would also advise that you check the insurance rates on all these cars before making a decision

the insurance could be a bigger $$$ factor than the mileage...

I've checked the insurance on all of them, honestly, not that much difference from the del slow with 1 airbag, and no alarm.

Cons for each car:
MR-2 -- Corolla engine, chick-ish car, no cruise control (wtf?)
S2K - Old ones had tranny and rear problems as stated, Pills' is fixed by Honda, no rear glass window :cry:
Acura - FWD
Nissan - FWD, 2 too many doors for me
WRX - 04-05 is the only model I want, bugeye headlights suck ass, shitty gas mileage, 225 hp is mediocre, considering it is AWD
Audi - Previously mentioned high maintenance, repair costs

I forgot to add a 00-01 BMW 325ci on the poll options

BMW.

I've ridden in an MR-S, and I will never do it again.

avoid audi and bmw for the same reasons...

i think bmw would be a little higher than audi, but if you want a car that has everythigny ou ever wanted then go bmw...

I've checked the insurance on all of them, honestly, not that much difference from the del slow with 1 airbag, and no alarm.

is that with full coverage since you'll have a loan?

What are 2 things that you'll never find close to the entrance of a large store?

The item you really need, and a car with gullwing doors.

What are you in the market for? Can you do a 2 dr sports car, or would the wifey and possible kid make it 4 dr sedan?

My vote goes for fun car; Audi TT quattro turbo edition.

Second fun car; S2000.

Daily driver; WRX w/ low miles. If you don't drive like an asshat, you'll get better than 14/18. B probably gets that in his STi with a bigger turbo and .5L extra displacement. Best I've gotten with my car was 25-28, but I'm also Stage 1 tuned for 93 octane and a 50/50 GFB BOV that makes me run rich before shifts. (yes, I know its bling. the stock valve will be going back on shortly, but the car came with the GFB BOV so its just been left on)

Last tank I filled was 23mpg but that was with mixed driving and pounding on the last quarter tank going through the twisties. On the highway I was on target for 28mpg.

If you don't care about practibility than get the Audi tt turbo quattro. Luxury, speed, status, and fun. My friend has one and said he tach'd it at 160mph when doing something very stupid, running from the cops. Handling wise it can't be beat, especially after some suspension mods.

Quoted post[/post]]
What are you in the market for? Can you do a 2 dr sports car, or would the wifey and possible kid make it 4 dr sedan?

Wife and kids are FAR DOWN the road, I'm 22, and have meaningless sex. So, no factoring in wife, kids. :)

there's a TT in town around here who i played with once. rims, lowered, bov, nothing too crazy... maybe a couple more psi...

and i coulnd't hang with him in the twisties on rte 4 in burlington. he pulled like 100 feet on me.

Back