1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Year Is My Motor?!! H22A1 JDM

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by iasdyk, Nov 26, 2007.

1. iasdyk

iasdyk New Member

What Year Is My Motor?!! H22A JDM

JDM H22A into a 91 Prelude Si. Need to know what year the motor is because every year it was made there were changes in certain parts. The serial # is H22A1046690. Please Help!!!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  2. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

Well M8 I can tell you that is a 4th Gen Motor. The 91 Lude Si's had B20 in them with DOHC's and in 92 they started to make H22a's all the way threw 96. So its eatehr a 92,93,94,95,96 because in 97 They went to the H23A which is a non vtec anywayz.. thats what my but who works at honda her in Vermont said.. hope it helps some!

3. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

and if it says h22a1 its not jdm only h22a are jdm

4. iasdyk

iasdyk New Member

It's definitely JDM. The USDM have changes every year but I'm not sure. I need the pin out for the engine wiring and don't seem to be having any luck.

5. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

does it say h22a1 on it ?

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Dude, what the hell???

They didn't switch to the H23 in 97. Why would they put a less powerful motor in the newer body style? All 97-01 Preludes have H22s, there was no other motor choice. From 92-96 the Prelude had either an F22 (base model), an H23 (Si model), or an H22 (Si VTEC model).

You've got it completely backwards. The H23 was available from 92-96 and then dropped for the 97-01 generation, not the other way around.

If somebody who works at a Honda dealership told you that then they should be fired; they have no freakin' clue what they're talking about...

Edit: I just noticed your profile says you have a 98 Prelude...how do you not know this???

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  7. iasdyk

iasdyk New Member

Figured it out

It's right under the header/exhaust manifold.

8. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

I know nothing about the Lude. A freind was browsinig this with me. He told me what to type. He said what I typed, if he has it backwards then oops im sorry. Ya I had a 98 lude... It was a fixxer, needed Tires, a bath, engine clean, and interior work... I never payed attechion to the motor lawl.. guess I should have! :(

9. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

The only way you are going to be able to put an H22 into a 91 Prelude is with a custom engine mount kit, custom axles, and a lot of custom wiring.

If you really want to do the swap check out Preludepower.com - Powered by vBulletin and look around in the 3rd Gen forum. There is a group buy for the engine mount kit and information on where to buy the axles from.

10. dirtylilhonda

dirtylilhonda New Member

if it says h22a1 it IS USDM not JDM. and it could be from a 4rth or 5th gen. you can't really tell by the serial number on the motor unless you can maybe call honda and get them to match the number with a car. maybe. you really need the car vin number, it can tell you the year, model, blah blah. you may be able to see what kind of sensors are on it. like say there is a cam shaft postion sensor that means it a 92-95. if there is a crank shaft postion sensor then its 96 or newer.

11. BrutalB83

Dude, check your dates before you post. This thread is going on six months old...

12. dirtylilhonda

dirtylilhonda New Member

well maybe they should be deleted after a few months. i seen the date. i wanted to reply. if someone has something to say about an old post i did i would like to hear it. maybe he is still trying to figure it. maybe not but oh well you'll be ok. no rules say i can't help out anyone even if it was 6 months ago. thanks though

13. BrutalB83

According to his profile he hasn't been here since January, so I kinda doubt he's still hoping for an answer on this thread...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted