what's a 2000 Si shell worth?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

found this on ebay ~> eBay Motors: Honda : Civic (item 260036611273 end time Oct-05-06 22:33:53 PDT)

I'm seriously considering picking it up. The dude selling it swears it has not been crashed or anything and that it was a clean theft recovery, but I dunno- it sure as hell looks like the doors don't match the qtr panels in color.

Shipping from there to here will be ~$650

I've been looking for something exactly like this, but I definitely want something really clean to start with.

Thoughts?

welcome to stolen car world. look around the pictures, would you really walk into that place and buy a car? i wouldn't. even if it was legit, i would NEVER pay more than $2000 for a car without an engine. especially an si.

i was at a insurance auction and see honda theft recovery shells go for anywhere from 600 for eg hatch/coupes and around 1200 for a black 99/00 si.

::edit::
so is it a theft recovery? looks liek more then just a shell to me. everything but the motor but you canhave the motor for $300 more? sound fishy.

and i have to agree with the guy above, i wouldn't buy a "theft recovery si" from Sean Paul::

Last edited:
i would actually rather buy a theft recovery with the motor still in it and a tore up stripped body and just use the motor for a different car. it's legit and the car i would be putting it into would have a clean title.

Without a motor an Si is very little more than a base model EK. Go buy a running 96 EK coupe, swap it, and I bet you get out for under 4K.

Without a motor an Si is very little more than a base model EK. Go buy a running 96 EK coupe, swap it, and I bet you get out for under 4K.

??!! The 99-00 Si's were the top model USDM Civics for those years, they are basically EX coupes (ie-loaded) with the addition of the B-series driveline, upgraded suspension/swaybars front + rear, ABS delete, cooler exterior colors, cooler interior, etc etc. I have never seen an Si that wasn't fully loaded.
And I wouldn't even want the B16 anyways, if I do end up getting my hands on an Si coupe the 1st thing thats getting done is a motor swap to something bigger. If I do this next project it needs to be at least 3 steps up from my current car which is a 1994 ex coupe, not much sense trading a sweet loaded eg for a dx ek :yuck:

thanx for the replies tho guys, I'm thinking I agree and that I should probably pass on this one. I'll keep looking and if anyone happens to stumble across one of those $1200 EX/Si coupes, definitely let me know asap!

Back