whats all needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90_civ_hatch

hey guys and gals if any on here first things first im doing an engine swap into my 1990 ed hatch dx and in going with the b16 sir1 for now and was wondering whats all needed to do the swap the engine comes with of course the engine tranny ecu alternator ac pump power steering pump (not using tho) and hoses dizzy in and ex mani down pipe and starter and was wondering it i can use the stock axels or if i have to change them out for something else and if i have to get rid of all of the engine harness for the dx engine and throw in the b16 harness so any help would be nice have everyone hor your help

and im also wondering is if the crx center console where the radio and heater controls go and also the peice that sits on the floor for my shifter it all that would fit into my civic

Last edited:
you will need to use your DX engine harness and make the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes to it - your stock axles will not work - you will need a mount kit and shift linkage

sorry guys i forgot to mention that the engine already has the wireing harness and what axels and shift linkage do i need like can i pull them outta a differant car or order then from some place

sorry guys i forgot to mention that the engine already has the wireing harness and what axels and shift linkage do i need like can i pull them outta a differant car or order then from some place
the engine harness that comes with the B16 will not work in your car - you must use your harness and convert it from DPFI to MPFI or buy one that has been converted - you will need Integra axles - the right side is 90-00 Integra and the left side will depend on what intermediate shaft comes with your swap - could be 90-93, could be 94-up or could need a custom - the shift linkage is ED/EF that is modified to work with the B16A into the ED/EF - if your car is actually a STD model instead of the DX (some people think that all that are not Si are DX, which isn't true) you will also need to swap out the front knuckles/hubs in order to use the Integra axles

Back