whats this motor out of?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cavrx

ok i got a 91 crx with a sohc zc. i got a motor d16a1 dohc for $250 is this worth the swap and whats this motor out of?

will the d16a1 bolt right in the crx? and will the fly wheel and clutch of the zc fit this motor

I have that engine and took it off from my 90 civic Hb SI and thats what it had D16A1 sweet hard pushing little engine.

D16A1 is from 86-89 USDM Integra - 113hp for 86-87 - 118hp for 88-89 - will not bolt into 2nd gen CRX - mounts different and will not bolt to the L3 transmission

The D16A1 will bolt to the L3 transmission. The only problem is that not ALL the bolts will bolt up, however you can still use this combination but can only bolt 4 bolts to the tranny. This is usually fine though, unless you're pushin a lot of power

Originally posted by josh@Sep 21 2003, 09:02 PM
The D16A1 will bolt to the L3 transmission. The only problem is that not ALL the bolts will bolt up, however you can still use this combination but can only bolt 4 bolts to the tranny. This is usually fine though, unless you're pushin a lot of power

what about only one bolt in the starter? is this o.k.?

Thanks again for all the info people.
well ill keep the zc for now and use the d16a1 for a back up. I heard with up graded rods and zc dohc pistons and cams the engine will scream a lil!
If i turbo my zc and it blows will the set up swap to the d16a1?

no spend a few more bux and get a dohc zc if you blow that up....dont mess with the A1 it will give you headaches u dont want...and dont need if you hadda saved up a few more dollers and just got a zc (dohc) in the first place...that or save up more and get a b16..

well 91dxSiR the reason i got the sohc is i got a good deal on it and the engine distributor by my house was outta the dohc zc. as for the d16a1 i practically got it for free. yeah it would have been easier to buy the dohc. but hey oppertunities dont always come along ya know. hell ive been looking for a si trans for ever now still have yet to find 1. so until the oppertunity for that comes along ill just have to wait and deal with what i got
thanks alot guys for all your input

Back