What's tiny, green and makes people stop what they are doing ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ill stop. i really dont know what im talking about. obviously this WRX thing is out of my hands. having worked on many many different types of cars over the last few years, i really dont know anything about cars at all. build quality is top notch, right? :shrug2:

tell you the truth, the kid wishes he didnt trade in his IS300 for the subaru. now hes working on trading in the subaru for another lexus.

Quoted post[/post]]
ill stop. i really dont know what im talking about. obviously this WRX thing is out of my hands. having worked on many many different types of cars over the last few years, i really dont know anything about cars at all. build quality is top notch, right? :shrug2:

tell you the truth, the kid wishes he didnt trade in his IS300 for the subaru. now hes working on trading in the subaru for another lexus.

No its just the fact that you're ignorant Chris, and that you have always been that way on the boards when you set your mind to something.

Sure, great, hope it helps you in life but the fact reminds that you don't open your mind to new ideas.

You wanted your damn mirage converted to an evo so bad, and weren't going to listen to anyone. Look where you wound up.

Your friends wants a lexus now over a subaru? No shit, if he wants luxury he should be a luxury car and not a gutted "rally" car. Speed isn't cheap. Fast Cheap Reliable, pick two, as the saying goes. Subaru's fit and finish may not be as good as that of other cars, but to say the entire build quality is cheap is bullshit. Mechanically the car is top notch. Sure subaru's paint is known to be thin and sure its known to have a cheesier interior which is fine for most. If you wanted the luxury, buy the 2.5GT and have it all.

Steve's WRX was the only god damn WRX in the world to have a main pulley problem - that it rattled and what not. Guess what, I've never heard of anyone else ever having the same problem and thats frequenting NASIOC MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY AND BEING A PART OF A LOCAL IMPREZA CLUB.

Can't launch well? That sure is funny, because its a sinch to do and I haven't been beat on a launch. Sure you can spin the tires on the launch - but although its expensive rubber, its shitty rubber. Feather it and don't spin the tires and you'll do fine.

I looked at cars for 2 years before deciding on purchasing one. I looked at all kinds of cars from Dodge Stealth RT's to 2nd Gen DSMS to civics to 3 series bimmers to you name it and I never thought I'd end up with the subaru. I test drove a shitload of cars, researched a shitload of cars, did my homework for 2 years and came up with this car.

I haven't had one problem with the car yet. All i can complain about is the car isn't luxury - but hey, I didn't buy a luxury car, I bought something that was "sporty" and made to go fast for cheap. I told myself that this would atleast be my very last "fun" car and throw caution to the breeze car. I'm happy with my purchase.

Everyone I know who bought the subaru is happy with their purchases, and if they're not, its because they want to get into the more classy LGT or the full blown STi.

I think Steve's car and your friend's car were clunkers, but in honesty what it sounds like your friend did to the car - its no wonder it acted the way it did. Steve's car may have had a bad history or may have been defective from the factory, but atleast it doesn't seem like he was throwing all kinds of shit onto the car without engine management. Your friend is a fool for running an upgraded turbo car without engine management - I don't care if you did the work or if a master tech did - thats just plain stupid. You have to be extra careful with a turbo'd car and thats the facts of life and the reason why many car manufacturers, EVEN TO THIS VERY DAY, stick with naturally aspirated cars. There's no other reason except for cost and reliability that every car would not include a turbo charger.

If you think this is a shot at you two, fine. I just don't think you did your research and really have a pot to piss in when it comes to talking about these cars. You each have experienced one WRX first hand, thats not a whole lot of expertise. I can hop on the NASIOC boards and see TONS of people who have had positive experiences with the car.

Steve, you lose points for even comparing the xB with the WRX.

I didn't compare the two.. the taillights of the xB started the comparo.

You need to chill the fuck out, son. Subaru doesn't even argue these points like you do. I have seen several Subarus with shakey pulley, including my sister's Impreza. Oddly, they have been Imprezas, but either or 1.8s, 2.0s or 2.5s. It's intercontinental too, as my friend in NZ has one with a shakey pulley.

Chris's Evo clad Mirage is doing just fine. Why are you thinking that it's been a failure? I think someone else here mentioned that Chris has done more with cars than most people here will ever do with theirs.

And quite frankly, we have more friends than you. So next time you wonder why everyone is so stupid, so ignorant and so flat-out annoying - Look in the mirror, partner.

In before lock.

Quoted post[/post]]
I didn't compare the two.. the taillights of the xB started the comparo.

You need to chill the fuck out, son. Subaru doesn't even argue these points like you do. I have seen several Subarus with shakey pulley, including my sister's Impreza. Oddly, they have been Imprezas, but either or 1.8s, 2.0s or 2.5s. It's intercontinental too, as my friend in NZ has one with a shakey pulley.

Chris's Evo clad Mirage is doing just fine. Why are you thinking that it's been a failure? I think someone else here mentioned that Chris has done more with cars than most people here will ever do with theirs.

And quite frankly, we have more friends than you. So next time you wonder why everyone is so stupid, so ignorant and so flat-out annoying - Look in the mirror, partner.

In before lock.

Steve,

I call you two, "WRX masters" out because he's well acquanted with a car that hasn't been properly modified (see: no engine management. one of the first steps to modding the WRX that should be taken) and because you might have a fluke car and you give me this reply?

I didn't say his mirage was failure, I just said that it was more than he thought he was getting into and he wouldn't listen to anyone else.

Recognize the purpose of the car and then understand why its not a luxury cruiser. Think B here. His STi is a great car, but not what he had in mind. You wanted a good daily driver that had power, and couldn't accept the fact that it ate gas and took the expensive dino juice - the mpg average you were getting was extremely low and yet another fact pointing to a clunker, defective car. I'm sure you, being a car guy, did all the routine maintenace on the car and a tune up to insure that these were not the reasons you were getting poor gas mileage.

I won't continue the argue further, but just think that perhaps the car you have is an isolated incident because, as someone who frequents subaru boards multiple times daily (think OCD), I've never read of this problem. The Ej205 doesn't have a harmonic balancer or anything of the like, so I can't see stock pullies being way out of whack because they're out of balance or some such nature.

I'm not a subaru fanboy, anymore than I am a honda fanboy and I would stand up, and I do stand up, for both manufacturers simply because I think they're reputable manufacturers.

All I'm saying is open up your minds and look at things from a different light. If you've each only intimately experienced one WRX than perhaps you should become familiar with others and see if the outcome remains constant?

If I believed everything I read on these forums, I would have never opened my eyes up to my cars. I would have completely written off DSMs and not seen that they could be great cars but do have certain problems, if I believed everyone on here, I would have to believe that they were satin's chariot and the same is to be said about mustangs and other cars that are ragged on, on this forum.

p.s.

You do have more friends than me on here, which is sad, because that means I piss a whole hell of a lot of people off on here. ...too bad. :ph34r:

i wont take it as a personal shot, mostly because i dont care :p but i know you didnt mean it that way :) im just trying to get you to realize subaru isn't perfect. neither is mitsubishi, or honda for that matter.

the mirage ISN'T more than what im getting into. it is just fine. i just have no time to finish the big motor and put it in. eventually :wink: the front end conversion looked great until a bitch cut me off and hit the front passenger fender. now that fender has to be rebuilt. mind you the only other physical defects on the car are the roof panel which will be replaced once i get the red 00 mirage home and on the road. the little 1.5 motor was supposed to die 20K ago but is still chugging along. sure it makes more noises than it did 20K ago but its still running, still getting me to work everday, and im still going to beat the fuck out of it every chance i get.

hence the need for the second car. no longer can i have my DD be my modified weekend racecar. plus, my swap will most likely take weeks due to me putting in overtime at work to unify the 3 domains access shares, combining 2 mail servers, co-locating servers in atlanta, and soon enough im going to vegas and atlanta to have some fun :)

the same guy that owns the WRX has a supercharged camaro something or other i think its an IROC, and a crate motor foxbody with a turbo. i think the fact that hes retarded fucked his WRX motor, but that doesnt explain the other problems with the car, IE rust and etc. he's not the only one with a WRX that ive seen undercarraige and suspension rust on. update on his car? i got to finally listen to it when we left work last night. it makes more noises than my little mirage. lots of knocking.... noises.

Back