Wheel Size Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iStealVCRs

Alright, so I'm currently at a crossroads. I have a '95 Civic DX Coupe...in the process of an engine swap, but I like to think way ahead that way, when the time comes, I can just go and get what's needed/wanted. Anyways, I've done a little reading and noticed that a 15" wheel size seems to be popular...17's as well.

I'm currently interested in a set of 5zigen FN01C-R Hot Version wheels in Mat Black. According to their site, they don't really make anything larger than 17" for Acura's/Civic's. But, my problem, is I'm not really sure what size I want...I don't want to go too small or obnoxiously large...large wheels just make a Civic look god awful in my opinion.

So, I was just really curious on what would be a good size for the car. I'm not sure if I plan on doing a brake conversion in the future or not, if that helps any. Either way, thanks for any input you guys have.

I think 17's are too big for 5 gen civics. They are heavy, attract too much attention, and have no functional benefit over a set of 15's. I have 15's now and they look great on the car. I would never go anything larger than 16".

Just remember, wheels tend to get a lot heavier when you go from a 15" wheel to a 17" wheel. Think of 1 lb of additional wheel weight affecting the car's acceleration like 4 lb of additional weight. So if you get a set of 17's that are each 5 lb heavier than stock, thats like effectively adding 80 lb to the car. That would cost you roughly a 10th in the quarter mile.

word...17's look ridiculous on hondas,15's would be my first choice,then 16's

Alright, then that settles it...15s it is. Appreciate the help everyone. I'll eventually get pictures up sooner or later...possibly more later than anything. (Being a poor high school graduate sucks. :p)

Look for some used ls webs, fat fives, or some gsr blades on Craigslist. They look good if they're clean, and they're fairly cheap too.

Back