Wheel/Tire Fitment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, it will be lowered before the wheels.
Full coils.
Should i maybe run 17x7 front?
Damn this is a lot of shit lol.

I've seen 18x8.5s on the front so 17x8 should be fine.

i think you guys are forgetting the fact that offset is effected depending on the width of the wheel.

a 17x8 +35 will not have the same clearence as a 17x7 +35.

staggered sucks. like i said long ago. especially if you plan to do some real racing/course work. the front will give out before the rear. and i doubt you'll have the chassis mods to hold it together.

if you want to drift-- this sucks too, cuz again, the front breaks loose-- not the back end. got understeer?

225/ 8.5" will fit on the front on a 240 no problem
245/ 9.5" will fit on the rear of a 240 no problem.

assuming you get the right offset.

maybe you should try your post on a nissan board-- like http://240sxone.com

Quoted post[/post]]
Listen kids

17x8 all the way around

and the same size tire at all four corners 235/45-17

Kuhmo MX 235/45YR17

TireRack.com - 121

searching around for a little bit I didnt find anyone cheaper... I am sure you probably could, but I dont care enough to look

17x8 with a 35 offset will be fine in fact I think it will be more than fine.

it will be amazing and it will be almost as much as you can possibly do without having to roll your fenders.

ty4.jpg

thats a 235/45-17 on an S14... wheel wells are the same size and that car has been lowered ~1 inch

That looks nice, I just want to lower it enough to minimize the gap, not slam it, looks like it will be 235/45R17 all around, i guess, thanks!

the only possible problem with that setup is the stock offset is +38, changing to a +35 naturally moves the tire 3mm inward. and switching from the stock suspention to full coils you are going to lose 8-10mm of room on the inside for tires.

if any of you are avid SCC readers, the check back to the "budget bad boys" issue
that dude ran apex WS coilevers with 16X7.5 Kosei's and only 225/50 rubber. and with the +32 offset he ran, could barely squeeze -.5 degrees of neg camber up front.

also dont forget the purpose of what you want to accomplish with you car, altering the offset of your wheel will also affect your slip angle, too big of a change in the front will KILL your steering feel. also i recommend NOT staggering, granted it does look cool, but ultimately all is does is mess the balance, and aside from the lovely understeer from the factory, it is an exceptionally well balanced car. and even though you can run big rims, remember, bigger rim = more weight = higher rotational mass = slower times.

AND if you are planning to drift with this car, you are going to want an even narrower tire, i mean really stretch them to prevent any sidewall movement, like 205's on an 8" wheel stretch.

now that im done blabbering like i actually know something ill give my recommendation

15x7 +35 on all 4 corners with either a 205/55 or 225/50 tire. this will minimize slip angle, retain close to factory feel, and keep the car balanced, as well as reduce rotational mass. especially if you go with a light tire like the new Azenis.

Back