Where's Celerity ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Celerity is in Charlotte NC !

It's nice here. They have hot women, neat places and wide open roads.

And stupid people at the rental places.

Prologue: I got off the plane, got my bags and went to the Car rental station. It's late.

They gave me the sub-compact Hyundai in spot #49. Hey, the company's footing the bill, so what else would I expect? Well, Nothing in space #49. I return to the desk "There is nothing in space #49". He says, "Take what's in space #50" I went back outside.

#50 was a Saturn. I knew it was an upgrade, so I said..."Neat. Free upgrade".

I went back in. "Hey, since you're giving me an upgrade, can I get the red car out there?"

"Which one?"

I point at the 2005 Mustang V8.

"Sure"

This week is a day that will live in infamy. Budget Rent-a-Car has upgraded Celerity from a 1993 Hyundai Accent to a 2005 Red Mustang V8.

And tonight I shall get something to eat, and head down town and look for street racers.

Hell man, I should have brought the video camera. I didn't know anything cool would happen :)

-> Steve
Pics to follow, and hopefully some 30 second video clips (My digital camera only does 30 seconds, no sounds)

Jesus christ. It was about time something exciting happened.

MUSTANG UPDATE:

I went to pull the airbox, and NO V8 !

It's pretty damned fast though. the V8 has got to rock. I went around back, and single exhaust too. feh.

But the Airbox is off, it's pulling a code and it's not happy.

-> Steve

No V8? Too bad.

Not suprised though, as a rental place would be stupid to rent out a 300hp car to basically anyone. They'd be changing tires, tranny fluid and tie rods to no end.

Sad thing about the airbox. Too much turbulence for the MAF?

It took you this long to figure out it wasn't a V8? lol

It lights em up pretty good. I didn't have a chance to go wild on it until tonight, when some teg pulled on me. It gets up and goes, but at a rolling 50 mph it didn't pin me to the seat or anything.

Oh well, I'm going to race some of the local ricers tomorrow, and maybe see if I can catch some sort of track event at Charlotte.

Or, just cruise the boulevard lookin for hoochies.

sure, but my point was that you can defenitely tell right away the difference between a V8 and a V6 in mustangs. Even w/o checking for the exhaust or badges, just in the torque.

the V6 in this thing is as fast, faster in some RPM ranges, than the WRX.

The handling doesn't grip as well... but then, why own a grippy RWD when you're as deranged and talented behind the wheel as I am ?

-> Steve

Quoted post[/post]]
the V6 in this thing is as fast, faster in some RPM ranges, than the WRX.

The handling doesn't grip as well... but then, why own a grippy RWD when you're as deranged and talented behind the wheel as I am ?

-> Steve

I call bullshit on that. The WRX was tracked in the 1/4 mile from 14.1 to 14.9 seconds. The '03 GT ran the 1/4 mile right in the lower range of that. I doubt the 2 year newer V6 is running what the GT was just two years ago but I guess its a possibility. I personally think that the WRX I have now is faster than the '03 GT, but I'm also chipped with a 3inch blitz catback exhaust all the way back whereas the GT was stock.

No, I would say the Mustang V6 is just as fast as the WRX wagon I have at home.

And that is all.

And this is sensible to me. I mean, your typical factory turbo makes it go about as fast as 2 more cylinders, as a general rule of thumb. I learned this when side-by-side comparing the 944 Turbo to the Supra.

So I am confident, and will take the pepsi challenge anyday, that 1982 Supra = 2005 Mustang V6 = 02 WRX = 1995 Supra SE = 1987 944T = ...

With some exceptions for weight and heft. The Porsche 928 is comparable to the Supra, even though it's a V8. The RX7 TII whips all their asses, and the V8 Camaro is in the range of the 82 Supra, firmly whereas most any year of Corvette will rock their faces.

Then the Lotus Esprit card gets drawn.. And the Hondaswap card.. And now the game is interesting. 200 hp in those cars makes them SCREAM.

Also the new Kia top-line model is wrecking Maximas, which is something that I thought I would never see... but I have only seen it and talked to the people, I have no info to cite.

All in all, I can say the Mustang is sexy as hell. I mean, I am a goddamn rock star in this car. Own one? Never. It's made of the cheapest materials in all of Mexico.

Quoted post[/post]]
No, I would say the Mustang V6 is just as fast as the WRX wagon I have at home.

And that is all.

And this is sensible to me. I mean, your typical factory turbo makes it go about as fast as 2 more cylinders, as a general rule of thumb. I learned this when side-by-side comparing the 944 Turbo to the Supra.

So I am confident, and will take the pepsi challenge anyday, that 1982 Supra = 2005 Mustang V6 = 02 WRX = 1995 Supra SE = 1987 944T = ...

With some exceptions for weight and heft. The Porsche 928 is comparable to the Supra, even though it's a V8. The RX7 TII whips all their asses, and the V8 Camaro is in the range of the 82 Supra, firmly whereas most any year of Corvette will rock their faces.

Then the Lotus Esprit card gets drawn.. And the Hondaswap card.. And now the game is interesting. 200 hp in those cars makes them SCREAM.

Also the new Kia top-line model is wrecking Maximas, which is something that I thought I would never see... but I have only seen it and talked to the people, I have no info to cite.

All in all, I can say the Mustang is sexy as hell. I mean, I am a goddamn rock star in this car. Own one? Never. It's made of the cheapest materials in all of Mexico.

I just looked up the 1/4 mile time on the V6 Mustang, its listed as 15.3. A good 4 tenths of a second off of the WRX's worst listed quarter mile time and a full second and 2 tenths off its best recorded by a magazine.

The WRX is listed @ 227hp and the V6 Mustang is listed @ 210hp just like the 4.0L explorer.

Oh hot damn, he's pulling out the numbers on your ass.

:gives:

OK so from a dig through the quarter, the WRX is going to be faster.

This is probably in part due to the advantage of AWD. I think what steve is getting at is that the cars FEEL similar in power, with some performing better in certain RPM ranges. Of course each one will run a different time in the quarter, and each will perform differently in the turns, but out on the freeway when you put the hammer down, they all "feel" about the same power-wise.

At least this is what I gather.

Quoted post[/post]]
OK so from a dig through the quarter, the WRX is going to be faster.

This is probably in part due to the advantage of AWD. I think what steve is getting at is that the cars FEEL similar in power, with some performing better in certain RPM ranges. Of course each one will run a different time in the quarter, and each will perform differently in the turns, but out on the freeway when you put the hammer down, they all "feel" about the same power-wise.

At least this is what I gather.

I understand what he's saying and how you're explaining it, I was simply bringing out the numbers to show that they're completely different.

Not to be smug, but without even knowing my true shift points or being fully adjusted to my clutch and shift yet in the WRX no v6 mustang will be able to remotely hang with me on the highway. The WRX is compariable to the V8 mustang, not the v6 version - there's a huge difference, infact a full second difference which is night and day.

On the highway, I completely roasted a new Magnum that has the big ass Hemi in the car and far more displacement. The WRX has the edge from a stop, due to the traction that AWD provides but it will also pull on most on the highway. You should be running with V8 Mustangs and F bodies with the Ls1/6 speed package if you drive a standard WRX. You should be walking all over everything else.

Just to interject - you probably got the drop on that magnum because they're all automatics. Also, are you sure it had the hemi? The new hemis aren't all that great, unless you start looking at the 6.1 liter.

:)

Back