Which Download Program...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Dec 5 2004, 01:33 PM-->
senate_9427
@Dec 5 2004, 01:02 AM
i checked out bit torrent, but the way it was described was that it was for hosting things, and was a program that helped to not exceed your bandwidth
[post=426450]Quoted post[/post]​

whats the point of hosting something if you can't download it?

there's two sides to every story.

it has nothing to do with exceding your bandwidth unless you run a website and are too cheap to get a real fucking server :)
[post=426545]Quoted post[/post]​

well here's the site that i looked at and it was hard to understand, so whatever.
Click Here
But i am going to try out BT and Supernova to get some albums. Thanks, b

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Dec 5 2004, 03:54 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Dec 5 2004, 01:56 PM
abs sucks. it doesn't follow the torrent protocol corrently.

use azereus. its the best. its free. what more could you ask for.

suprnova sucks a lot of times though... no one seeds there. demonoid is where its at.
[post=426561]Quoted post[/post]​

I tried azerus this morning, gave me an install error and didn't work worth shit.

ABC isn't the greatest, right now I'm using TorrentStorm which seems to work really well for me.

...and I dont know about that other website you recommended. On suprnova you dont have to share if you dont want and have no risk of being banned or what not.
[post=426640]Quoted post[/post]​

Azureus takes a fat shit on you if you don't open up BT's tcp ports

well i cant even get it to do anything. Can you give me a quick how to on downloading with Azereus?. i DL'ed it and BT, so what do i do from here? sorry to bug, but it is different than what i am used to

yeah i already ran the setup wizard, and my firewall is turned off onn the port that it uses. I am confused about the program because it has controls like"Open Torrent File" and "New torrent File", etc. and i dont know what it is

Oh. All you have to do is go online and look at bittorrent sites. (www.suprnova.org) Find what you want, open the torrent with azureus and it will do the rest by itself.

You're obviously used to classic p2p apps where the program searches a network for a file. With bittorrent, everything is much more contained.

yeah i was used to napster and kazaa style programs. well i followed B's advice and went to demonoid.com, i registered and I'm waiting for the confirm email. I was checking out the site and i think i understand it. So basically the site acts like the P2P program, kind of, and Azereus just takes care of the download for me? well either way i think i'll figure it out now. Thanks for the help

shit I'm stuck again. I was just on suprnova and i clicked on a file to DL it and Firefox asks if i want to use Bit Torrent to open the file. Is that right? Or do i have to get the file through Azereus?

yeah its working, cool I have about 1 minute left on a Coheed and Cambria album, and theres about 5 more albums working right now.

Back