which ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxracer29

I would like to swap my stock ecu for a race one. I want it to be a direct plug in. Any suggestions. Its a turbo-charged single cam. I dont want to reprogram the stock one.

no man your not out of luck me and my boys recentally tried using a gsr ecu on his single turbo car and its works great i would suggest that. I have a skunk2 gsr ecu 2 my J-SPEC D16Z6 and its very strong. Good Luck man

I Holla

Originally posted by civicruleshatches@Sep 2 2003, 03:50 PM
no man your not out of luck me and my boys recentally tried using a gsr ecu on his single turbo car and its works great i would suggest that. I have a skunk2 gsr ecu 2 my J-SPEC D16Z6 and its very strong. Good Luck man

I Holla

I wouldn't recommend what this guy has done, but hey, it's your car....

BTW - Skunk2 doesn't make a GSR specific ecu.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster+Sep 2 2003, 07:41 PM-->
civicruleshatches
@Sep 2 2003, 03:50 PM

I Holla

I wouldn't recommend what this guy has done, but hey, it's your car....

BTW - Skunk2 doesn't make a GSR specific ecu.

y?

because there is no j-spec D16Z6 in the first place

trust all motor monster. he knows his ecu's

well the hatch my boy bought was stolen in japan and shipped over here and the motor that was in it is in my hatch and srry 2 confuse u monster but i do have a gsr ecu to my single and its programed 2 skunk2 spec its not actually a ecu that skunk2 carries but all that matters is its very strong 4 what it is and runs very good!!!!! Sorry about the confusion :(

I Holla

Originally posted by civicruleshatches@Sep 3 2003, 09:06 AM
well the hatch my boy bought was stolen in japan and shipped over here and the motor that was in it is in my hatch and srry 2 confuse u monster but i do have a gsr ecu to my single and its programed 2 skunk2 spec its not actually a ecu that skunk2 carries but all that matters is its very strong 4 what it is and runs very good!!!!! Sorry about the confusion :(

I Holla

That's all fine and dandy, I'm just letting you know the real deal.

A GSR ecu although probably works on a SOHC VTEC, isn't really recommended due to different fuel and timing curves. Especially with Turbo.

Skunk2 chips are just a ripoff of a Mugen variation dump and they don't control the secondary runners of a GSR engine. Now if you have a GSR engine and are using the single runner Skunk2 manifold, then the program you got is for a 1.6l DOHC VTEC engine in a P28 ecu, not a P72.

Just a little FYI.

Back