which engine would be better

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

weirdman77

I just wanted to get your oppinion on which engine you would get

D16 sohc Vtech 125 hp less weight
or
Zc dohc non Vtech 129 hp more weight

Go with D Series V-tec, you can find more parts for them and cheaper to build up, ZC is old , pretty much only suitable if they are dirt cheap and you are going to put in a CRX.

it is VTEC!!! not "V-tec", not "Vtech", not "V-tech".....VTEC!!!

is that so hard?!?!?!?!

also, you shold go with the zc. why? it's a DOHC. you have so many more tuning possibilities with a DOHC over a SOHC. but OH NO!! it doesn't have VTEC!!!! SO FUCKING WHAT?!?! all VTEC is is a more aggressive cam lobe for the upper RPM range. so you know what you do? go buy a more aggressive cam! or if you wanna do the cheap thang, buy a set of cam gears.

VTEC is overrated.

I disagree- cause the aftermarket for the ZC is fairly scarce, while it would be hard to find an aftermarket company that doesn't make at least one part for the D16z6- you have tons of options for it- and big deal it's SOHC- go to www.turbod16.com and see what some of those guys are doing with just one cam-

Originally posted by weirdman77@Oct 8 2003, 10:01 AM
I just wanted to get your oppinion on which engine you would get

D16 sohc Vtech 125 hp less weight
or
Zc dohc non Vtech 129 hp more weight

Ummmm you've got it wrong the D16Z6/Y8 makes the same HP and TQ as the ZC. The SOHC VTEC you can find parts for it EVERYWHERE (if you don't believe me come to my house) and the ZC which was not sold here in the U.S. you will catch hell finding parts for it.....You will have more fun with the D16 than the ZC plus you'll have VTEC. ;) I had one in my 89 Civic Hatch DX and LOVED IT now I got a B16A (SiR II) in it and working on putting an H22 in my 95 Civic DX Coupe.

Eh, before my swap, I tried pushing my D16y8 and didn't feel much accel nor VTEC lol. I had to switch between 3rd and 4th on the highway just to keep up with other people. I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad once you do work on it. All I had was a DC Sports header. 96coupe is right, old engines do have their reliability in question.

I would never go with a single cam. I believe single cams are weak! I have spent money on a single cam vtec and all i got out of it was SMOKED! Single cam is like running on one leg compared to dual over head. Sure you can move with one leg but how much faster are you with both legs? Dual over head motors will spank single cams. I am sure that some single cams can beat dual over heads with plenty of money. This is single cam vs. dual over head! :bash:

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 8 2003, 12:14 PM
Neither of those engines exist. I don't know what VTECH is, I thought is was a phone or something.

ahha ownage! :lol: dude why people us Vtech for? i dont get it? simple and easy VTEC!!!

Back