Which Exhuast System

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Well I've already decided on the exhuast system I want. Thermal Classic, now the question which header is good for this ALL motor LS setup? I plan on having a CatCo Hi-flow cat. Now the question which header is good for all motor applications. Im so confused as to what does what, like low end, mid range power adder etc. Some one please help me. I will not buy DC. Thats all!

JDM ITR
Toda
SMSP
HyTech
AN-R

Hey E, can you list sites to where I can get prices on these headers?
As far as missing out on a "good" header, I dont care. I dont want DC becuase everyone and their mother has a DC header on their Honda's.

JDM ITR 4-1

Toda is about $900-$1000 do a search lots of places have em

for SMSP its about $1000-$1200 email smsproducts@adelphia.net for more info

HyTech is about the same price as the SMSP i dunno where to get one

AN-R is $530-$730 and can be gotten directly from them

and fuck DC
they are "OK" at best
quality is so-so
performance is so-so
they are an entry level brand and thats about it
anyone serious about performance or quality would never go with that bullshit

E, dont leave out HeaderTech in your list. They also have very good shit for a reasonable price (compared to Hytech)

Hytech you pretty much have to go stright through them.

Really saying "what header is best for me" is kinda pointless. If you are goign to basicly just be a bolt on kind of person, and never do internals like pistons and cams, some of the higher end headers will be a waste to you. For the huge the 3in collectors and 2-2.5 inch primarys to be useful, you need to be running a pretty powerful engine.

well Ive got B16 pistons a 2 layer head gasket and a mild PnP... and I wasnt exactly asking what header is good for me, I Was merely asking what you recommended. Thanks though...

I've heard of few people who actually lose power with the Toda header.
dvs prelude (Canek) here on the boards is one of them.

I'd go with ITR or make your own custom header. a friend of mine is actually fabricating a street bike exhaust manifold to fit his b series motor.

save your money and get a powercore JDM 4-2-1 header(www.powercoreusa.com) They are a really well made header that produces good power and wont rip a hole in your pocket like a toda one will. exits with a 2.5 inch collector.

that powercore one is $100+ more than the real JDM ITR header
id still get the JDM ITR + fastlineperformance.com skid plate (still less money than the powercore and you have added protection)

the ITR header isnt stainless is it? that thing would turn to a pile of rust in 6 months where I live. although i agree with you that it is cheaper, and the pretty much same thing.
i was almost forced to get the powercore one cause my friend had a itr header on his gsr and he had to get a new header within a year. he had 3 big nasty rusted holes in it. its loud as shit when you have holes right by the head, and talk about flames, lol.
my car dosent scrape on the header though... it scrapes more down by the resinator.
and for show, stainless looks cool when it heats up.

Originally posted by greenteg2k00@Mar 6 2004, 04:16 PM
go with dc sports the best headers and street legal too

<_< .....i also say jdm itr....its the best bang for the buck

Back