Which header? b18a1 in 5th gen coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dkgoodrich

Hi My bolts sheered off on my factory header.

I have a b18a1 [93] that is going into a 93 civic ex coupe

I was searching on ebay for one and i noticed they have different auctions for say 90-91 integra headers, 92-93, 94-99 ect ect. I thought all b series were intechangeable.

Also will my aftermarket cat, and cat back exhaust that I used when my car had a d16 in it bolt up to any one of these headers?

Thanks for your time
Daniel

just get a b16 header will bolt right on to the stock cat

Quoted post[/post]]

Yah, thats the way to go, but b16 headers are expensive. If you were looking to stay with a stock manifold you could use any ls header and then go down to any muffler shop and they will weld you up a nice connecter pipe with flanges for pretty cheap. If your gonna by a header than don't get ebay brand, get name brand. Huge diffrence, good luck.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Yah, thats the way to go, but b16 headers are expensive. If you were looking to stay with a stock manifold you could use any ls header and then go down to any muffler shop and they will weld you up a nice connecter pipe with flanges for pretty cheap. If your gonna by a header than don't get ebay brand, get name brand. Huge diffrence, good luck.
My almost free OBX header did not come close to bolting up to anything near the cat.
$20 to weld.
Other than sitting low, i have no complaints.

ls header will b the longest but not a match and you may need to spin your cat so it lines up. also stay away from the 96+ they dont have the hole for the o2

So if I have the money, a b16 from a civic si will work. b18 will work but might have to take it to a welding shop. also make sure of the O2 bung. my cat has an O2 bung as well I think its got a plug in it.

Thanks

Back