Which jacket for which weather?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I concur. Saying that "I'm too big for a small CC bike" is like Choosing a Civic because you weight 160, and "have to buy" a Hummer because you're 240.

IT's shit. First bikes with power may not EQUAL accident, but it certainly tips the equation that way.

EAsy to control and handle = positive experience with bikes = more a chance of staying with Biking for a longer time = more opportunity to upgrade to a bike of your choosing.

the most fun bike in the world is the one you don't wreck. plain and simple.

I would like to change my position.

I was sold on a tight fitting Icon leather last night. It's light, vented well (No armpit venting, it's got this funky shoulder vent which I'm yet to try)

The guy at the counter said he wears leather in 90s. The vents do a good job, and he says "If it's that hot I'll stay home. All you need is half inch of movement and you've got friction burn. All leather, all the time".

I'm more worried about my helmet choice in the heat now.

He's 100% right, or atleast that's what I was told.

I have an Icon TiMax2. It's definitely snug as I'm a medium build and wear Large for everything and with a medium just so I'd be very snug and the jacket wouldn't move around and the ce approved pads would protect what they were meant to.

What kind of helmet do you have? What kind of venting does it have? Probably the best vent for a helmet from my understanding is a chin vent. It does wonders for me atleast, and even aids so it doesn't fog up much. But then again I rock a Tommy Gun. :) .

I have a Vega helmet, about a $200 grade. It's got the top flows, the permanently open side flows and a chin flow.

Today I rode in 35 degree weather (With the full gear - I was toasty and free!) and my helmet kept fogging. Even with all the vents closed, I didn't have it closed except for the last click today.

Yeah, even open. It's got to be the extreme temp difference. It's much better when I close it when I'm really going (And the air coming in the bottom is really flowing)

Yeah. I lift the visor under 20mph as I tend to breathe hard and shit fogs up around me.

Back