which manifold would you get?

which manifold would you get?

• crpturbo.com

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what are the benefits or running an equal length manifold like the ones on crpturbo.com, they are twice the price of any other manifold ! is it worth it ?

you need to go back to basics...

equal length is for performance...

but is it worth twice the price for the amount of extra performance you get, is it value for money or would the money be better spent elsewhere ?

equal length on a sub 350-ish hp car is a waste of cash.

i'd just go with the tried and true inline pro log manifold.

its a little mroe than 350, but you can pick 'em up used for about that price. and personally, id run that over either you mention.

This looks tight though
manifolds_medusa.jpg

that looks like an aborted spaghetti fetus...

log style is cheap, reliable and practical...
and you can easily see all tubes to diagnose any possible failures before they occur...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Dec 22 2004, 05:49 PM
that looks like an aborted spaghetti fetus...

log style is cheap, reliable and practical...
and you can easily see all tubes to diagnose any possible failures before they occur...
[post=435992]Quoted post[/post]​

that is funny, but i thought that the log one would be best for me i am running a pretty plan jane b16 i have some pistons that lower the compression to 9.1:1 so i can run safely about what 10-12 psi or maybe even 15psi so i was going to go with the one like on ebay but you made a point about the welding! and the one on inline pro looks just like the one on ebay i have bought stuff from that guy on ebay before, it says on the link that it is life time warrenty i would just have to get it in writing tho!

i forgot to tell you guys that i would like to keep my a/c since i might be moving to a hot spot of the country TX i am going to need ac there man

i am good with my hands but i have never welded before and besides i don't know where to get the piping for it so i would just pay to get it already done, the way it looks i might as well just sell the turbo unit i have and just get a complete kit i am finding them onlike for about the same price i paid for my b16 so that will take me about a year and a half to get then..lol but i don't know what i should do should i get it part by part or should i get the whole kit? what is the advange or disadvanage of doing it both ways?

i would piece it together one part at a time...

if you are using low comp pistons you should throw in some good rods so that your bottom end is secure, or while you;re doing all that you should get it resleeved so that nothing in your motor will hold you back from cranking up the boost...

the advantages of pieceing it together are really endless, you can get the kit for cheaper that way, and you get better components, and you also need to make sure whatever manifold/turbo you get will allow you to retain a/c...

turbo kits in general have shitty managment/tuning capabilities, so if you piece it together you'll make sure you have all the rights things to SAFELY boost to 15+psi

edit: go check out homemadeturbo.com, read and read some more, you'll learn a lot there, and find out what components you need

arent cast manifolds suppose to be the most durable, ive always heard that cast manifolds wont crack at all.

Back