Which Motor Is Cheaper To Go To 10's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91hb

I'm willing to spend some cash but what I want to know is which motor is better to get to the 10's for street/strip. Which motor is the "cheaper route". I want to go into sleeving and turbo but don't know which motor to get. I already have the b16 but you won't get the torque compare to the b18/b20 motor. Do you recommend h22/h23 swap with turbo or stick with the b16!?

10 seconds and street don't go together in a Honda. I think the best bet would be an ITR with bad-ass turbo and nitrous.

if you already have a b16, pick up a b18b bottom end, and get it sleeved to 84mm, and pressped for ls/vtec. then bolt on your b16 head, buy hondata, a full-race turbo kit with a precision sc61 with the .80 stage 5 wheel, a tranny with a limited slip... gsr would work, 24.5x10x13 slicks, and massive weight reduction, and you might run a high 10.

10s+ street car = good fucking luck.

motormatrix's 96 hatch put 567 horse to the wheels.... and ran an 11.xxxx

Cheap and 10's are two sayings that don't go together very well.

RECIPIE for 10 sec car
Try buying a cx 92 hatch. gut everything out of it. leave nothing but the seat, steering wheel, and gauges.
replace glass with fal fiber glass. watch out it scratches.
now insert H22
build up pistons, cams, valves, clutch, flywheel etc.
turbocharger garrett t88
intercool it
you will need some sticky tires. slicks preferabally.
you might be running 11's
Its not that hard. You can do it for under 20 grand.
You could drive this on the street but dont make it your daily driver
just remenber "horsepower to weight ratio"

Originally posted by hybrid99hatch@Jun 1 2003, 05:54 PM
RECIPIE for 10 sec car
Try buying a cx 92 hatch. gut everything out of it. leave nothing but the seat, steering wheel, and gauges.
replace glass with fal fiber glass. watch out it scratches.
now insert H22
build up pistons, cams, valves, clutch, flywheel etc.
turbocharger garrett t88
intercool it
you will need some sticky tires. slicks preferabally.
you might be running 11's
Its not that hard. You can do it for under 20 grand.
You could drive this on the street but dont make it your daily driver
just remenber "horsepower to weight ratio"

with that you should be getting 10s, maybe even 9s.

"Cheap" and "10's" = no such thing
A "cheaper" alternative would be to drop a V-8 in there, or if just want the thrill of 10 seconds get an old muscle car from the 60's. Most of them with just a little bit (cheap) massaging will get you thrills of 10 seconds for "cheaper".
Yes, I know this forum is all about foreign lovers, but hey, I don't know about much that is foreign and "cheap"
If you take the word cheap out of this, then we can all get back to discussing our passion with the Honda Engine. :ph34r:

:lol: u better stick with running 12/13s range cause maintenace is gonna suck ass if u ahve a 10 s street car specially wehn u race, race fuel dont forget that hgi octane, gonna rebuild the bottom end every couple months, replace clutchs often, too much to worry about go all motor and run 13 :D , best way to go

Originally posted by hypnoticzero@Jun 4 2003, 01:04 AM
:lol: u better stick with running 12/13s range cause maintenace is gonna suck ass if u ahve a 10 s street car specially wehn u race, race fuel dont forget that hgi octane, gonna rebuild the bottom end every couple months, replace clutchs often, too much to worry about go all motor and run 13 :D , best way to go

disregard the post above... he has no idea what he's talking about.

I'm going to make an FAQ post on "understanding english"

when people say cheaper or cheapest it doesn't mean cheap. The word is comparative. please, understand. thank you

10s on a street car is possible; using turbo, slicks, weight reduction, some tuning, and living outside of california. i remember there's a 500hp integra with just pistons, rods, itr manifold, ignition, cam gears, and resleeved block that ran 12 flat with slicks and full interior. with more tuning, injectors, and weight reduction im sure that car can bust into the 10s. it was a daily driven car.

Back