Which one are you?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No, it sounds like he has a great representation of the average American - not just fantasy football subscriber.

They're 'too busy' with 'life'. Somehow single parents, people with multiple jobs, or those that face other hardship or circumstances must all get more hours in their days to get things done.

/end rant.

Now we're just talking about the complainers. Fuck the complainers.

None. Sadly. I am super kind to wait staff. But if my glass goes empty, they're getting a shitty tip. Its a peeve of mine. That, and when they bring me a steak that has been cooked in hell fire for 10,000 years and then look at me retarded when I reiterate: Medium rare. You god damn well know that shit isn't medium rare.

Now I'm all upset. Bring whiskey.

im the guy that steals other peoples food.

i love food. i want to try it all.

Im the guy that stares at people who yell at waiters for over cooked food. You don't know a steak is over cooked by looking at, and I dont want them cutting my steak, or poking it with their fingers. If it's gray I just ask for a new steak politely, and let them know it's not their fault....unless of course they took a smoke break and let my food sit under the lights for 20 minutes...then i let em have it.

Yup, if you can't tell rare from well and everything in between by looking, you've never manned a grill, professionally or in your our backyard.

Easy to tell if a steak is over cooked under cooked or cooked just right.

Not sure if they do this at high end joints out east but a couple restaurants around here actually cut into the steak and with a light show you how its cooked before taking it. I never really know how to feel about this.

Never heard of that. Most kitchens I've worked in, or around had 1 of 2 systems.

1- The whole grill is the same temperature. Steaks cook for X amount of time for desired temperature.

2- The grill has different heat areas. All steaks cook for the same amount of time, but where you place it on the grill determines temperature. I prefer this method.

Never heard of that. Most kitchens I've worked in, or around had 1 of 2 systems.

1- The whole grill is the same temperature. Steaks cook for X amount of time for desired temperature.

2- The grill has different heat areas. All steaks cook for the same amount of time, but where you place it on the grill determines temperature. I prefer this method.

My understanding is a bit different. Use a broiler, not a grill.

Put a steak on via timing. You start a rarer steak later so they finish at the same time. Most high end places have SUPER high temp broilers.

You don't move around for temperature. That messes with the chemistry and cooking process for food.

Out here, for nighttime dining, high end steak houses will usually have the waiter hold a flashlight and allow you to see the steak after YOU cut it but they won't cut into the steak for you.

Out here, for nighttime dining, high end steak houses will usually have the waiter hold a flashlight and allow you to see the steak after YOU cut it but they won't cut into the steak for you.

That's what I meant. Then they go, "my good sir, Is that to your expectations?"

Usually its perfectly rare for me.

A real steak house will have hardwood coals cooking the steak with a well trained chef that dose not need to cut the steak to "check" the steak.

I'm not paying $60-80 per person to eat propane steak.

A real steak house will have hardwood coals cooking the steak with a well trained chef that dose not need to cut the steak to "check" the steak.

I'm not paying $60-80 per person to eat propane steak.

I guess every high end one using infrared broilers and cast iron are doing it wrong these days...

I guess every high end one using infrared broilers and cast iron are doing it wrong these days...

In my opinion they sure are. Thats why ill keep my money and pay for what I deem fit for my consumption.

Back