Which one should I boost?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys,

Well, I'm getting the urge to look into boosting one of my Hondas again, and it's not going to be the Accord. So what I would like your input on is:

What platform should I boost?

Contestants:

1) 1993 DX Hatch w/ B16A SiRII swap (stock except CTR cams) / B16A Tranny

OR

2) 2005 RSX Type S....stock.

Criteria:

Engine stays STOCK. NO exceptions.

Application:

Street Use only
Fast All-around street car
Street Drag

Basically, I have my hatch setup as a lapping car right now, and I find myself going lapping less and less, so I was toying around with the idea of just going with a fast street car instead. I dont know much about the K20's potential in stock form on boost, but I do know lots about the B16. My budget would be around $5000 Canadian.

What's going to be the faster street car, and by how much?

Thanks,

R

I'd vote for the hatch. You can find alot more for the b16 cheaper. Fmu, turbo parts, manifolds, aftermarket support etc. If your lucky maybe you will have a little money left over to buy something else.

agreed with brian here, youll turn a brand new car to poopie. if u blow it, you could never afford to fix it, unless of course your independently wealthy

Quoted post[/post]]
agreed with brian here, youll turn a brand new car to poopie. if u blow it, you could never afford to fix it, unless of course your independently wealthy
lol, you treat the rsx like it's a luxury car...

I'd go for the type-s, and keep the hatch as my beater. The k20 has much more potential out of the box. And there is something to be said about modding a brand new engine versus a beat, swapped out engine. If you tune it right, the rsx is going to be quick. And since you are using it as a daily, wouldn't it be nice to roll fast with class? The hatch is just begging to be a trailer queen... :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
lol, you treat the rsx like it's a luxury car...

I'd go for the type-s, and keep the hatch as my beater. The k20 has much more potential out of the box. And there is something to be said about modding a brand new engine versus a beat, swapped out engine. If you tune it right, the rsx is going to be quick. And since you are using it as a daily, wouldn't it be nice to roll fast with class? The hatch is just begging to be a trailer queen... :)

You see, that's sort of along the lines of what I'm thinking....but still totally open to both options. For a dialy driver, the Hatch is really obnoxious. It's the little things like power windows, a good stock stereo, heated seats, ect... that I miss. But I'm in love with my hatch.

I dunno..

does anyone have specs of a stock boosted RSX????

its honeslty a waste.

k series with stock internals is still shit. any honda motor with stockinternals is shit for that matter.

forge up the b series and keep your warrenty.

Quoted post[/post]]
its honeslty a waste.

k series with stock internals is still shit. any honda motor with stockinternals is shit for that matter.

forge up the b series and keep your warrenty.

Dude, you can reach crazy HP numbers on a stock block with a good tune....like over 500HP+, which I used to think was impossible, but was proved wrong earlier last month.....BUT....I get your point with the warranty. I only lose the engine warranty though, nothing else.

yea, leave the RSX alone. No reason to fuck the warranty up. K swap the EG and boost that. 12's all motor is very very possible, on slicks anyway.

I say just get new rods for the B and boost that...put a like t3 super 60 on it and a crome chipped ECU and your set..dont' get a FMU that will blow your motor up lol. Boost is addicting. (so i've heard :cry:)

yup civic sohc def knows his shit.. super 60 with a built b series is like trying to run a marathon with one leg :cool:

on a built b series i wouldnt go smaller than a t3/t4 60 trim

yeah, k pro is def worth the money.......hhahaha

bottom line. stock block honda anything is mad jdm gay.

make a note of that.

Back