who chips???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
looking for someone to chip my ecu...obd0 pr4,,just want a stock map but need launch control added..reply with prices and details

You need launch control? Ok I can do it. The chip is 5 bucks, say another meh for shipping, 10 bucks total on parts costs. Toss me 25 bucks over pay pal + shipping cost to you. Easy enough.

What specific motor? There's many PR4 roms. For an LS B18 (non vtec of course still), eh?

Do you need it soldered in to? Do you have a removable type socket installed in the ecu already? I can do the soldering as well. DK on price for that. I'm reasonable and do a good job, make something up. LMK

i need the ecu desoldered and resoldered....
its a b18a1 and a pr4,i dont have the chip or the zif socket thing...i want the chip to be removable so i can put the stock chip back in....i already have a couple quotes from very reputable people,,but i just cant see paying that much just for launch control...
are your chips reburnable?and do you use quick release sockets??

I wasn't including the socket cost. I'd use the parts from Moates.net, so see for your self what I'd be paying. The chip you would need is an SST 27SF512 (which is reburnable, EEPROM memory), and the socket I would choose (best IMO) would be the S4 Aries.

I would be using Crome's launch control plugin which is free in itself. What kind of quotes are you getting? I mean, like I said, I'm reasonable. I obviously don't do this for a living but I'm good at it. Computers are my trade of income. It's not a problem for me to do it, and I don't feel I need to charge a lot. So to help you, Injen, just come up with a good figure for all your wanting (the soldering, socket, and burned rom installed). Looks like parts cost would be about 15-20 bucks max (moates).

See pics toward the bottom for my own as a sample.

well xenocron wants $75 and thats not including me shipping it to them,and turn around is really slow,,our local honda guy wants $75

lol ur crazy idk what to charge you and i'm telling you to just give me the price you want to pay to hook you up.. whaaatever...

if you change ur mind, lmk

troy that is pretty much the going rate for basic chipping of a honda ECU.

at this point... you may as well just get the parts and DIY :)

dude if you have ever done any soldering and desoldering on a circuit board you should under stand the price of labor i hate desoldering stuff and I have a $500 desoldering machine

chips.jpg

dude if you have ever done any soldering and desoldering on a circuit board you should under stand the price of labor i hate desoldering stuff and I have a $500 desoldering machine

lol wow i've done it without a $500 machine.

Lol idk what machine you speak of sir but the typical desoldering iron you find at radio shack is exactly what you need... 25 bucks or so. Tho, for surface mount ICs it's a lil more tricky.

i have a hakko 472d and yes i know you dont need that much for ecus but it makes it nice and i use it for lots of other things i rarely chip ecus

well i meant no offense to anybody on here,,i am not going to do it myself lol...
i have patience but not that much...so yblegal,,id like to work something out with you..
i dont have the cash at this exact moment but soon,so if youd like to work it out lemme know

Back