Who was looking for an HX rim?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
I can't remember who was looking for one or who sent them a link to a website that sells them. I bent the fuck out of mine...

i <3 hx wheels

really wanted a set on my civic

edit...: how did you bend a stock honda rim?

I bought one, it was definitely worth it. No one wants to sell a single hx rim. I looked around for awhile. Someone almost sold me one, he ended up flaking out. He wanted a ridiculous amount for it too.

$150 for a brand new rim that is super lightweight, you just can't beat the price imo.

But shitttt I don't want to cough up that much money lol. I was hoping I'd find a cheap set of old beat up ones that some ricer took off of his HX cause he just got a set of 22" Donks.

You would think you'd be able to find a set like that. There's not very many of them around though sadly.

I found a couple at semi-local junkyards, hopefully they're open on the weekends. I wouldn't mind picking up a set of BBS BMW basket weaves for the Crx, and I'm sure the Civic wouldn't mind trading every now and then.

I have miata hollow spoke rims....lighter and wider than the hx wheels.

You go to hell! :p
Back when they were painted "gunmetal":
Feb24147.jpg

Paint taken off(and sanded down):
100_2000.jpg

How they look stock(not my picture):
miata-wheel-2.jpg

Last edited:
Those look decent. Any offset issues? Is this an attempt to hock them or are you just making a substitute suggestion?

No offset issues(+45), only the bore has to be opened up a little(you can do it with a hole-saw; only needs to be about 2cm deep to clear the axle nut).

I'm keeping mine, but Miata wheels are widely available and lighter. They're just a little wider than HX's(14x6 vs. 14x5.5), and the heaviest Miata wheel of that design weighs about the same as the HX(~11.5lb). The version I have is about 10.3lb. If you get the BBS 14" version, those are even lighter IIRC

Last edited:
Back