1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who will out handle?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by utn, Jun 29, 2005.

1. utn

utn Member

I'm in the market to buy a EF9 hatch ( if i remember the chasis code correctly ) or a 1988-91 rex. I previously had a 89 rex but the hatch is a tad bit more practical for a daily driver (2.5 more seats and room to spare). The main thing that I am wondering about is handling. For those of you that have experience with both cars, is there a noticeable difference with handling? I know the hatch is longer, and probably a little heavier, but can you tell the difference. Has anyone auto xed both cars? Which did you like better?

Thanks a lot,
    Scott

P.S. Don't mind the spelling or grammar, its 1 AM and I'm not good at it anyway.

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

A Si rex will out handle a hatch, a Si rex will out handle a LOT of cars. Fact is though, you can make either handle just as well with some add ons.

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

ive driven my 88 CRX DX and a lowered 91 Civic DX. the 91 felt the same but once you push them; the 88 tends to lose the rear end more(especially from hard braking). a hatch was actually my first choice but the deal with the guy didnt work out so im stuck with a CRX.

4. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

my 91 crx dx , with kyb agx and neuspeed springs handles great, sticks to the road like glue, no body roll etc... I'm sure other cars perform better but for a stock and $600 in suspension it's great.

5. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

My 90 crx handles like its on rails. Even before the neuspeed suspension it handled very well.

I also had a 91 hatch, it handled quite well, too.

The suspension is basically the same. The hatch has a few hundred extra pounds to lug around, and has a slightly longer wheel base. They are both great. From a track standpoint I would go with the rex. But for a daily driver, I went with the rex... lol.. But a hatch would be much more practical, and they handle pretty close to the same. You can definently feel the extra weight though.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted