Who would be interested in tilt plates

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know alot of people like jdm things...so i saw this to see who was interested...me im going to have NY plates and that front plate will be tilted so no one coming head one can read it...I guess drifters in japan use these for what ever reason..i thought it looked cool and wanted to see who wants one.

heres the desription right off ebay:

This is the Most Superior Adjustable License Plate Tilter!

Double Pivot System Mechanism!

With adjustabilty in every direction! Especially made for those stubborn bumpers where the conventional Plate Tilter just won't do.

Get EXTREME ANGLES with this product.

The ultimate JDM part for your drift or show vehicle!...A MUST have item, it's seen all over japan on only the best of modified sports cars. Get major show points for an authentic JDM look. A tilted plate signifies a hardcore motorist from the rest. It's in place to make it difficult for people to view their plate. A PreCaution used by people who often speed. This piece is BOLT-ON, no modifications needed. This piece is show quality and will not rust.

Dimensions: approx 10"x2"

Material: finished Steel SUS304

Weight: approx 800g

Mounting: using existing license plate bolts.

Condition: Brand New Packaged

im going to add another pic too

pretty cool i guess, get some uero style or some japanese plates to come with it..i like those a lot better than US plates

they do that in japan so that the camera's cannot take pictures of the front plate, thats why its tilted down.

Okay.. that makes sense but not for me since we do not have that yet in our state..

well theres another thing that i wanted to do i read on a website a couple of years ago...instead of having a fixed angle like that...use a hinge system so that once you exceed like 35mph the plate will swing up then when you stop it returns...avoid cameras and all things like that..and if you live in a state where front plates are required...a cop cant give you shit cause your plates there.

i think those swing license plates are bad ass. for the simple fact that if you live in an area where the local nazi cops put up cameras, your plate will be at such an angle they wont be able to take a picture of it.

EXCELLENT IDEA !!!

depending on price, i would buy one.

make sure it works first.

if you market these as a way to avoid the traffic cameras, people would buy these things by the boatload.

create a website, or pm me if you need a host, and find a intersection in the town you live, and make a small video.

CAREFULLY run the red light, or make a turn on the red light, when NO traffic is coming. if you dont get popped this fucker will sell like hotcakes.

Originally posted by allbottledup@Jul 17 2004, 05:27 PM
well this would only be good for the front if the camera catches your back your assed out

track auto and autozone sell a license plate cover.

it is clear plastic, with "ribs" on it. the "ribs" are kinda like the "flickem" thingys you get in your cracker jack boxes that change picture depending on the angle you view it at.

from up above, the plate is unreadable.

ok well i came up with a good idea...basic ill goto lowes tomorrow and price everything out and come up with and idea...i need some input from you guys...should i put a plastic license frame around it or leave it as just a plate or put that thing on it that tony is talking about??? how would you guys want it?

Back