Why Honda Swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OldEMaltLiQuoR

Why are Honda swaps so popular.

ca18 and sr20det are cheaper and produce more hp than the b18c. same goes for
the 3s-gte

is it because the b18c is a NA high compression engine and the other engines are turbo?

i've been looking arround at what other swaps people do and was wondering why more people don't swap celica's or 240sx?

Hondas are physically easier to swap, and more people own Civics, Integras and Accords in the US than the other makes of cars.

i dunno about other people but i was originally attracted to hondas because of their reputation for being reliable and effecient, good quality cars...

and it also helps that they can hold up to a beating...

so combine the good honda reputation with the motor oil running through my veins and its only natural to want to make a good thing better, ie: faster

I did different swaps besides honda.

Honda- My civics

Hyundai- Elantra/Tib swap into a Scoupe, and some random motor went into my friends elantra

Porsche- N/A to Turbo Engine

'79 Rabbit- GTi Swap

And my custom Dodge Caravan that blew a trans every week, but I just turboed it with a friend no swap.

There were a few more, I just can't remember them.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Feb 23 2005, 10:59 AM

And my custom Dodge Caravan that blew a trans every week, but I just turboed it with a friend no swap.

[post=465058]Quoted post[/post]​

the turbo 4 cylinders? ive read/heard people pushing 20psi on the stock block....smokes everything on the road.

supply and demand y0.

honda PUT the sport compact car to where it is today. end of story, hands down.

nissan, toyota, subaru, etc, while all making a potent car, simply never had the market share of tuners.

With the Cheaper Honda came the younger, poorer buyers. Poor and full of ideas will only lead to more and more innovation. Thus, all the young guys made a fortune (And some nice products) based in Honda. And that's a classic addage: If you're Young, or Poor, you better be REAL creative.

-> Steve

Also, my Swap list:

4 S10 V8 swaps (JTR Style)
3 Jaguar V8 Swaps (JTR again)
1 Celica V8 swap (1983)
2 Monte Carlo 454 swaps / builds (Does a V8 to larger V8 count? It's small to big block)
Countless Honda swaps. Over 20.

I was in the middle of a Supra Convertible project, making a convertible Celica Supra powered and nosed. The car was destroyed. Also, I was in the begining of a V8 Celica swap when the barn burned down)
1 Porsche 3.0 into a Beetle.
I may embark on another Toyota truck / V8 swap.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 23 2005, 05:22 PM
supply and demand y0.

honda PUT the sport compact car to where it is today. end of story, hands down.

nissan, toyota, subaru, etc, while all making a potent car, simply never had the market share of tuners.
[post=465271]Quoted post[/post]​

LIES!!!! :ph34r:

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd+Feb 23 2005, 06:27 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 23 2005, 05:22 PM
supply and demand y0.

honda PUT the sport compact car to where it is today.  end of story, hands down.

[post=465271]Quoted post[/post]​

LIES!!!! :ph34r:
[post=465302]Quoted post[/post]​

YEah, that's another thing. I do believe that while it varies from country to country, The hispanics were doing car mods on imports for a LONG time... Toyota 'rollas, Mang.

-> Steve

no, it was a V6 and it was quick, really quick actually. The trans just couldn't hold it. We were going to convert it to manual but we lost interest on it.

I'll credit the mid 90's civic vs eclipse/talon/etc. war to really kicking off a huge market. I remember reading tons of my older brothers mags that always seemed to be these guys pitted against each other. Without all that hype I don't think honda could have done it themselves, you need some competition or rivalry.

Yeah, it's kinda been Civic vs. Eclipse for a long time...

Till someone buys a real sports car and pwns all of them.

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR@Feb 23 2005, 09:11 AM
Why are Honda swaps so popular.

ca18 and sr20det are cheaper and produce more hp than the b18c. same goes for
the 3s-gte

is it because the b18c is a NA high compression engine and the other engines are turbo?

i've been looking arround at what other swaps people do and was wondering why more people don't swap celica's or 240sx?
[post=465042]Quoted post[/post]​

hondas SUCK!

but seriously, where are you gonna get parts when you ca18 fucks up?

honda parts are readily available and parts are interchangale between a lot of the models.

The reason I go with honda? Around here everybody owns a chevy or a ford, I want something other than an f-body, mustang or a corvette. There are 4 auto manufacturing facilities here which I think is why.
I can sit by the road during the summer and count 10 camaros go by in five minutes, but I guarentee you won't see one crx.

it's a 4 cylinder economy car that can be turned into a v8 killer! come on there's nothing better than that.

i went with honda because i looked at buyin a 240sx , it was either the ka or rb 20 motor i was lookin at , i think both , and for 5 id only run at best 14.9 with the swap. Plus u cant find parts for those jap turbo motors as easy as u can for a b16. I painted my hatch electric blue , added the ww kit , 15 in rich slips and a b16 swap with i/h/e for 6k.i can run between a 14.2-14.4 with the swap , and low low 13"s on a 55 shot. instead of rockin a unpainted 240 with a ka swap that would have a hard time with GSR"s

Originally posted by b16hatch@Mar 22 2005, 09:36 PM
i went with honda because i looked at buyin a 240sx , it was either the ka or rb 20 motor i was lookin at , i think both , and for 5 id only run at best 14.9 with the swap. Plus u cant find parts for those jap turbo motors as easy as u can for a b16. I painted my hatch electric blue , added the ww kit , 15 in rich slips and a b16 swap with i/h/e for 6k.i can run between a 14.2-14.4 with the swap , and low low 13"s on a 55 shot. instead of rockin a unpainted 240 with a ka swap that would have a hard time with GSR"s
[post=477331]Quoted post[/post]​

If you want your ass intact tomorrow dont ever speak again.... <_<

A KA24DE 240sx can run solid 15s VERY easily

with a 2 grand turbo it runs 12s.... wanna keep going... bitch

Originally posted by b16hatch@Mar 22 2005, 06:36 PM
[post=477331]Quoted post[/post]​

fcea3498.jpg

Back