Why Huskey Tools Suck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive never had any problems with them ... pretty much just walk in with the broken part show it to them and walk out with a new one :)

My tools, listed by preferrences. To not waste you're time, I'm going to discuss only the ratchets.

1. Matco. Delicate feel, positive locks and every socket fits the same. It feels like it's going to break, but it never has.
2. Husky. Husquavarna tools. I have a set, for 12 years now and not ONE problem ever. The same set that came in the box.
3. SK. Uncomfortable handles, machined like a mofo.
4. Snap-On. Great until the handles snapped. It's only happened to me once, but when it did it was the worse pain I've ever felt.
5. Chrome Vanadium. Anything with no brand name whatsoever. It's shiny, and it's meant to be used as a hammer.
6. My bare hands
7. My teeth.
8. Craftsman. These are the worst tools ever made. I am at the Sears every 3 weeks for replacements, and they aren't even my primary tool set. The handles suck ass, the ratchets are made of glass, and the releases suck. I have yet to utilise a worse tool. Their pliers, needlenose, all have bent or broken on me.

-> Steve

:roll: and this from a guy who can't break torque on a snugged strut tower bar nut..... :roll:

What in the holy hell are you talking about ?

-> Steve

How did that "Seat of the pants" Head Gasket torqueing thing go again ? :spin:

That's odd...I got bored one day and tried to break some of my craftsman tools just so I could have an excuse to run to sears. I put them in my vise and got a big hammer. I couldn't even bend them...I only tried to break sockets tho. My dad's got snap-on shit. That's too expensive for me.

You need to put some actually force into your hammering of sockets and then they might break.

I have been using husky tools for many years, I have not had one problem with them. I use there regular sockets with my air ratches and haven't broken anything. I use break bars on the the 3/8'' rachet without any problems.

i have a lot of snap-on tools but we lost our dealer about 8 months ago and no one at snap-on really sems to care (assholes) so i've been dealin with cornwell a lot. the dealer is a really nice guy and the prices are much better. he has even brought snap-on tools to other garages, given them to his customers to warranty them for us since we no longer have a snap-on dealer. we just had a mac dealer stop by the last two weeks, i don't really trust the guy yet.

but as for craftsman, the quality and price is great, and the warranty is awesome i've walked in with broken tools with my work clothes on and still no questions asked on warranty tools that were broken.

Little update. I go to the other Home depot in town, and tryed to exchange the extension. The tool guy said I had to go to the Returns desk. So I go there, and I get pretty much the same responce about, after 90 days, I have to deal with the manufactor. I had no recipet, so he's like, "how would we even know if you bought it here?" Umm, Home Depot is the only one who sells huskey tools. "We are?" So he takes extension off the little packaging/hanger, and gives it back to me and said get out of here. Alright, I am fine with that. At least I got a new tool but I will still stick to craftsman, just since it is so much easier to return stuff, even if it does break more.

I was just at ACE today "under 5 mins from my house" and was looking at some of their tools and it turns out they have a lifetime warranty so I asked around about it and they said if any tool "pro series" breaks BTW pro series is pretty much every ACE brand tool anyways if I return the broken tool they will replace it on the spot just like sears

sounds like Im going to buy more ACE tools

too bad they don't have a big selection of tools so sears will be the place to go for harder to find tools

pretty much my family's whole shop is Snap-On, Been that way for a long time. Craftsmen are either beater tools, or just end up broken.

iv broke countless craftmn's shyt...the only thing i broke from snap-on was a creeper...long story

no doubt Snap on Owns craftsmen but is the price worth it when if you do break a tool you have to send it out to snapon or happen to have a snapon truck that drives to your house "haha yeah right"

craftsmen yes they do break but you can drive to ANY sears and they will replace it no questions asked and lets not forget to factor in price...

open end wrench from snap-on is $33.50 for a 16mm
open end wrench from Craftsmen is $12.99 for a 16mm

both come with a lifetime warranty one you can replace at any major city in this country 7 days a week the other you need to have a snap on truck stop by your house "once again not gonna happen" or send the tool to them and wait for a replacment tool

Snap on is great if you work at a shop where a snapon truck stops by weekly

unless working on cars is what you do for a living using snap on is just over kill

I myself work on cars for a living and personally feel snap-on onwz. do have craftsman toold but most are beater tools i dont use often anything i use everyday is just abotu all snap-on, But then ofcourse i do have a garage where a snap on truck comes every week. I also ahve a snap-on box and feel there is absolutely no toolbox on the market that will compare. My brother has a set of husky tools and hes had no issues returning them at home deopt, walk in walk out style

I broke two Husky 1/2" breaker bars during a CV shaft install. The damn things sheared at the EXACT SAME spot both times. Said fuck it and went and bought a Craftsman breaker bar. The nut broke on the first try without any shearing.

No more Husky for me. :)

Back