why not k

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mspeedyb

so you can buy mounts to fit older and newer d motors into the new civic's 01+ why cant you fit a K series engine into a older civic? It's not like theres not enough room for it. I mean hell if ppl are going to go through all of the trouble to fit a b20 into the engine bay of a civic you would think hasport or someother mount company would go ahead and make some mounts for the new K series motors into a 2000 or before civic. Who wouldnt want the type S motor in there hatchback :sleep:

me.....i hate k series.....im down for the ol h or b series and k motors are backwards....not a easy swap in a eg....

ll i wouldnt say backwards im driving my d16y8 / a t3 and nice ft. mt. intercooler pushing 9lbs and I know any ty;e s can whoop me. im dead down for the b series I would give my left nut to have a turbo'd b16b w/ t3/4 turbo in a hatchback. damn! but I mean K is new and will be carried on and jus keep bettering :D

Originally posted by mspeedyb@Dec 7 2003, 07:50 PM
ll i wouldnt say backwards im driving my d16y8 / a t3 and nice ft. mt. intercooler pushing 9lbs and I know any ty;e s can whoop me. im dead down for the b series I would give my left nut to have a turbo'd b16b w/ t3/4 turbo in a hatchback. damn! but I mean K is new and will be carried on and jus keep bettering :D

:emofo: Is it just me or can no one understand this? And what does it have to do with the K series being backwards? They are a bigger block than the B series, and with all the components are bigger than an H series if I'm not mistaken. This means that we would be hard placed to fit them into an EG. Besids, it would probably screw the Weight distribution more than an H which is already hard to work with!

i still say its not worth it....for the money to get the motor, mod the car to fit it and run the wires, you can have a bad bitch with a b series.....and the deal with it being backwords is tryin to fit it in....

They do make mounts for K's in EGs and alike. If I was looking for a swap right now i would defently consider a K series in my car.

Originally posted by highperboi@Dec 7 2003, 08:02 PM
They do make mounts for K's in EGs and alike. If I was looking for a swap right now i would defently consider a K series in my car.

Not to be a jackass or anything, but who makes the mounts, I just haven't heard of this until now?

B/D series motors are backwards. K series motors mimic the rest of the motor world so honda can sell there engines to other car companies (see chevy malibu). And it's not worth the cost even if it wasn't mirrored

i've seen one in a magazine with werid ass mounts into an ek that i would trust over a 3k rev, i think it was area 51 motorsports that did it, ran likea 13.2 totally stock untuned, not worth it to me tho, christ for as much as that would cost you could stuff a mildly built h22a in with less hassle and be faster

Is it just me or do those mounts look a little sketch? Anyways, it's good to see that they're making progress, because I know that in a few years everyone will think that swapin' b series is like what we think swapin' D series is like!!!! (I know it's kinda weird sounding)

Originally posted by highperboi@Dec 7 2003, 07:02 PM

:werd:
K series is a definate improvement over the B series.

and for mounts
http://wholesalehyperformance.com/engine/rsx-mounts.html
edit: lol, just noticed in the honda tech post the same mounts
a friend of mine custom fabbed some mounts
DSC01526a.jpg

I just had a thought:

A K20 in an 88-91 CRX..............now THAT would be sick....

Originally posted by CRXRookie@Dec 10 2003, 01:28 PM
I just had a thought:

A K20 in an 88-91 CRX..............now THAT would be sick....

k20 in a crx would bring new meaning to the term pocket rocket.

i wish they would bring back the crx :( who knows it might show up as the new si since the ep3 si has been doing so poor in sales.

Well, I seriously doubt they'd bring it back to replace the EP hatch. But yeah, it would definitely give new meaning to the term pocket rocket. If they do bring it back, it would be another 3-5 years, though. :(

It'd be nice if it came with a K20 at least.... That way, even if it's a watered down version, you could always swap it!

Originally posted by mspeedyb@Dec 7 2003, 09:50 PM
im driving my d16y8 / a t3 and nice ft. mt. intercooler pushing 9lbs and I know any ty;e s can whoop me.

hmm....

i had a dinky greddy....6psi....ek coupe....and I beat a type "s" rsx by about 1/3 a car length or so....

and you cant on a t3@9psi?

something is up here....

Back