Why You Should Buy The Smsp Headers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

Yes, jeff came out with a new graph and an updated import review site again. There was a dyno on the DC JDM 4-1 header with a 2.5 collector VS the SMSP adjustable header. There was a huge difference in WHP!!!!

This was on a mild 2 liter motor built by IB--
DC JMD 4-1 -->198whp
146 wtq

SMSP---------->208whp
152.8wtq

There was as much as a 20WHP difference between the two in the midrange,,,,,that is huge!!!!!!! All I have to say is that I would spend the extra cash for the SMSP an yday.

here is the link, enjoy

Milan

Last edited by a moderator:
I love florida, no emissions baby. I heard todayd that cally wants to ban all SUV's??? hehehe I guess no more stunnazzz in caddy escalades.........

Milan

oh wow...damn...i mean really...no SUVs...what a shame...i mean really who dosnt want a bunch of land yatchs doing 90+mph on the freeway.

SUVs own, I want to get another one someday.

they're not gonna ban SUV's, thats one of the most retarded things i've ever head. My car probably pollutes more than a friggin Hummer. besides, what would we do with all the SUV's we got here now, sell them out of state??

I must say that those along with the Hytech header (US$1300 though) are DA SHIT. I think the Hytech is better though with 10-15whp over ITR 4-1 lowend and a peak of 27whp over ITR 4-1in midrange :eek: and about 20whp on topend.

Those figures were the difference between a stock ITR and one with just the Hytech header, cam gears and a VAFC for tuning.

Imagine them on a fully ported/polished B18C head with a port matched Skunk2 intake manifold with like stage 3 cams, springs, retainers, over sized throttle body on a high compression B20 block and Hondata dyno tuned to perfection :spin: B) :burnout:

Imagine when VTEC comes in on that

AHH the Symphony of VTEC @ 9k rpm :lol:

SMSP Header and the Hytech header are both excellent headers... but ever since the EPA enforced all CARB laws in california things have gone down the shitter for most import drivers...

im on the board for getting a track opened here in my area... we have a few cops on the board and they were all telling me that there is a huge crackdown on modifeied cars in california, especially imports [fuckin haters]

but yeah without a CARB sticker [anything without a CARB #] will get you sent to a state referee certified by the EPA

but other than that, i would love to have one of those headers

B)

PS: when i say anything modified i mean it... in other words, if you have a fuel pressure regulator on your import... seeya at the referee haha... fuck sucks for me and all of my friends

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 15 2003, 10:51 AM
move. Cali sucks

as if i didnt already know that B...

hahaha, but im in the center of the street racing world... and i cant stand to leave it!! hahaha

:p

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 15 2003, 02:05 PM
I think you need to update your sig for Bisi, didn't he upgrade the longblock to a 2.2??

Milan

Yeah he upgraded to an F22... but RS Machines is still the home of the fastest all motor 1.5. Well, on the drag strip at least.

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta+Jun 15 2003, 11:17 AM-->
@Jun 15 2003, 02:05 PM
I think you need to update your sig for Bisi, didn't he upgrade the longblock to a 2.2??

Milan

Yeah he upgraded to an F22... but RS Machines is still the home of the fastest all motor 1.5. Well, on the drag strip at least.

:lol:

you are both correct...

and calesta, i dont know any other single cam that has gone 10's all motor that is still street driven [if thats what you meant?]

Milan - yes they are actually home of the worlds fastest 1.5 all motor and still home of the worlds fastest single cam all motor [since bisi is still a single cam]...

they were also the first to come out with VTEC killer cams back in 1998 with Taren/Rich civic hatch back [had a 94 integra one piece front end on it]

B)

Originally posted by 2 litre EG@Jun 15 2003, 03:32 PM
and calesta, i dont know any other single cam that has gone 10's all motor that is still street driven [if thats what you meant?]

Well, Honda has built more powerful 1.5L engines for race use- that's what I was talking about.

ok, cool. I just read an article about him in some new magazine. It was pretty interesting.

Milan

What's the point of living in the center for street racing if everyone is driving stock cars around??? :bo:

:wtf: :slap: :rant:

Back