Wierd idle problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92slowmobile

Greatest Member
When i have the clutch pushed in or the a/c off the idle is fine. When i let off the clutch, or turn the ac/d on it drops really low for about 2 seconds then then it seems like the idle gets kind of high, and it keeps doing this until i either shut the car off or have the clutch pushed in. This is in a 92 d15b8 hatch. Any suggestions?

Check coolant in the radiator and make sure its not low then let me know if it still continues... I am just trying to elimanate problems... But this happened to me before but it didnt matter whether the clutch or ac was on..

when you turn on accessories or you change engine load at idle or you change electrical load (same as turning on accessories, i know..), your IACV is supposed to compinsate by increasing the idle some.

Try cleaning your IACV. seach the articles over at Welcome to Team Integra! - Team Integra for they have a good one. I'm 99% this will turn out to be an IACV issue. The other one to look at is the FITV, which has a plunger you would have to screw in behind a plate on the rear of the bottom of the throttle body. lol

g'luck to ya, let us know what u try, and your results!

I won't be able to do any of this for like another 10 days. I'm in the navy and i just left to go out to sea for 11 days. I'll be sure to fill you in as soon as i get back. I never even thought about the IACV. Thanks man

Back