Will a car with tint pass inspection?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Nov 18 2003, 11:52 PM-->
@Nov 18 2003, 11:21 PM
I know the guy who sold me my car had to take the tint off for it to pass inspection, but I don't remember how dark it was.

Who put the current tint on your car? And did you get a receipt for his work? In Massachusetts, we have tint restrictions also. I have the legal limit. However if I had wanted it darker, the tint guy would have done it for cash and with no receipt written out.

Ya, here is MA its 35% or bust.

In WI all you need is a doctor's note saying you need a specific color or darkness of tint and you are legal. That only applies to the owner and the note has to be kept in the vehicle at all times. Don't know if that helps at all

Originally posted by SLA@Nov 20 2003, 03:31 PM
As of right now I have 35% in the front and 20% in the back and in NY 78% is the legal limit! I have never had a problem with how dark my tint is.

I didnt believe you... I said "No way its 78%... this bonehead has it reversed, and its probably 22%"

Then I looked it up... ooops...

No wonder you dont see many cars in NY with tint... :unsure:

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+Nov 21 2003, 05:59 PM-->
@Nov 20 2003, 03:31 PM
As of right now I have 35% in the front and 20% in the back and in NY 78% is the legal limit! I have never had a problem with how dark my tint is.

I didnt believe you... I said "No way its 78%... this bonehead has it reversed, and its probably 22%"

Then I looked it up... ooops...

No wonder you dont see many cars in NY with tint... :unsure:

Yah It's fucken crazy but you still see alot of cars with tint on them b/c the cops really do not give a fuck unless it is so dark that you can not see the driver.

But of course you always have those asshole cops (pigs) that are just looking to give someone a ticket!

Back