Will LSD do anything for 1/4 mile times?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah...an open diff on at the strip is horrible. If you slip...you REALLY SLIP. If you loose traction on a wheel all the power goes to that wheel because it is the easiest way to use the power. So with LSD you have better grip, better 60' and ultimately a better run.

LSD= Better Grip
application: drag, autox, streetraces, or just plain fun.

Non-LSD= plain to no grip
application: cheap drag racers and ricers, or for your daily driver.

its better, but its not life or death to have it, but if your in the place and you can do it, DO IT!!! don't wait.

good luck

LSD is better than no LSD in any application... But you will get your ass handed to you in a one wheel burn out contest.. so avoid those.. :huh:

My personal fav is a quaife style.. mmmm quaife...

right now i have the az twin-trac lsd which really isnt a "real" lsd. So is it worth to drop a g on a quaife?

I own a Quiafe, in my weekend warrior. It is seriously a night and day difference. When it comes to launching or even just turning corners, with the car. Ive even surprised myself, by jumping a few of my friends RWD cars off the line. Like someone said above, if you have the coin to do it, definally do it.

Quoted post[/post]]
LSD= Better Grip
application: drag, autox, streetraces, or just plain fun.

Non-LSD= plain to no grip
application: cheap drag racers and ricers, or for your daily driver.

its better, but its not life or death to have it, but if your in the place and you can do it, DO IT!!! don't wait.

good luck

where does the rice end?? are you saying that people who drag without LSD are ricers??

I will admit to being Rice on that too. I havent had time to take apart my tranny and install a new diff and final gear.

Im included in group and i will still say RACING WITHOUT A DIFF IS RICE!!!!

(Welded spider gears works too...)

Quoted post[/post]]
I will admit to being Rice on that too. I havent had time to take apart my tranny and install a new diff and final gear.

Welded spider gears are basically like having a spool. Not very streetable at all. Perfect for going in a straight line. Good luck making a u-turn.

naw, you can make a U turn with it. We did it in a friend of mine's nova. Granted, there was a lot of tire smoke and an insane drift going on...but you can do it.

A nova and a honda are two totally different setups. It's not a good idea for anything that you might want to drive on the street.

oh, i totally wouldnt weld the gears on a FWD...i didnt even know there were spider gears on em...just figured it was a technology above my head. a read diff is pretty simple...a front one is just wacky.

Quoted post[/post]]
Anyone know about:

Quaife Vs. Kaaz Vs. ATS

???

I did a little bit of price comparing myself on different brands...

SPW INDUSTRIES JDM Civic Type-R Limited Slip Differential - $1290 + shipping.

Quaife LSD specifically for the 99-00 b16 Si - $995.00 + shipping

OBX LSD specifically for the 99-00 b16 Si - $375.00 + shipping

Notice that these are for my car, but I'm sure if you go through the links you can find one for your specific application. I had one person tell me to get the OBX because he has a friend with a teg that's had no problems with it, but there HAS to be a reason it's over 600 cheaper than the Quaife.

SCC had a pretty good review of the PhantomGrip LSD. Cheaper alternative to the Quaife, or the ATS.
My mother's SE-R Spec V has a torsen-type LSD, and it launches like nobody's business. Just make sure you run a friction modifier in your gear-oil.

Quoted post[/post]]

Well, I guess I must have wild rice because I be racing with my peg leg B16 tranny all the time. However, I am looking for a GSR tranny that already has a diff installed. :p

Back