Will LSD do anything for 1/4 mile times?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok you guys sold me on the quaife. There goes another g spent. :cry:

For a grand just buy a type R trans. And sell the trans you have now for some cash.

Quoted post[/post]]
Notice that these are for my car, but I'm sure if you go through the links you can find one for your specific application. I had one person tell me to get the OBX because he has a friend with a teg that's had no problems with it, but there HAS to be a reason it's over 600 cheaper than the Quaife.
Reason: It's OBX. Case closed. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Notice that these are for my car, but I'm sure if you go through the links you can find one for your specific application. I had one person tell me to get the OBX because he has a friend with a teg that's had no problems with it, but there HAS to be a reason it's over 600 cheaper than the Quaife.
Reason: It's OBX. Case closed. :)

Case opened. Tell me why an experience engine builder and his friend have had no problems, yet it's crap.

Give me an example, or are you just basing it off of OBX cams = crap, so all OBX = crap?

there was a pretty lengthy thread on h-t regarding the OBX LSD. Supposedly, it worked great, but there were a ton of cases were the axles would get stuck in the differential. Something to do with the retaining ring that's on the axle getting stuck. I wonder if they've changed the design to fix the problem.

the obx unit is the best bang for the buck....all you have to do is retorque all the bolts...and you're good....my boy has had one for a year no problems and he goes to the track 2x a month runs 12.8 NA...i'm getting one

Back