Will there Be Any Problems with This Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceras

1997 Civic CX with D15B8

=======================================

Put a 94 B18B Motor?
Is this Swap Going to be Hard??

What will I need to buy to Complete the Swap???? :blink: :blink:

If I was you I would research to see what kind of power your wallet or budget can hold it all really up to you.

Originally posted by Riceras@Jan 5 2005, 04:17 PM
1997 Civic CX with D15B8

Put a 94 B18B Motor?

[post=441557]Quoted post[/post]​

easy swap just get yourself a convertion kit for the obd and you might need to get the mounts for that car because you and i have the same car almost and the mounts are not the same
6g5.jpg

if you need the mounts i have them i am going to sell them all including the one in that pic and it has the urethane filling in all that i could do the only one i don't have is the one for the ac bracket pm me if you want them good luck

Get a 97 and up b18b to make it plug and play+ mounts.
You'll run into a lot of problems such as removing the crank pulley, finding the right parts etc. Buy a manual for your car and for the engine.

Originally posted by formby@Jan 5 2005, 06:58 PM
:search: :search:
[post=441632]Quoted post[/post]​

Group: Gallery User
Member No.: 13,158

UNLESS you have performed a few hundred posts/searches you may not know the best way to word it to get what you are looking for~

he might need help in wording

i never get searches right~

as you can tell ive been a member for a while and only 270 post....i payed my dues by searching and learning before i decided to start posting stupid Q's

Originally posted by formby@Jan 6 2005, 02:26 PM
as you can tell ive been a member for a while  and only 270 post....i payed my dues by searching and learning before i decided to start posting stupid Q's
[post=442116]Quoted post[/post]​

um... yea but didnt you ever get frustrated and just asked?
isnt a forum set up to ask things, and would there be faq's if we all knew what we needed

i looked for a while for to the point answers on h22-ek swap and wiring and i got all kinds of junk and nothing in the first several pages...when time is important reading gets blood flowing to frustration and you may even overlook what you spent an hour looking for

i have been there and i dont know about the rest but help is better than making people seem stupid for asking

~not trying to seem an ass but try and see where you were when starting out

Riceras::: i got the d16y cx civic out and trying to shoe horn the h22 in

wtf are you kidding? if you get frustrated about reading something you are interested in is a poor excuse for being lazy..

.dont get me wrong ask q's... i do sometimes, after searching all my resources and then i usually ask for any ones knowledge of a write up...or other info ... it gets frustrating to people to aswer q's that have been asked before...i believe the comunity is here to help...i rather teach you how to fish rather that give you a fish i cought.....

Originally posted by Riceras@Jan 5 2005, 04:17 PM
1997 Civic CX with D15B8

Put a 94 B18B Motor?

[post=441557]Quoted post[/post]​

this Q is a dumb Q READ IT!!!!!!!
is it going to be hard WTF are you mechanicly inclined ? do you have tools.....WTF

OK... i see why hearing the same thing over and over can be annoying

he may be tool savy but never done anything like that, so he is asking a legit Q kinda~

i just got hit wrong by your response as i had trouble finding any info on my situation h22 to cx so i took it kinda personally MY BAD

the searches dont pull all you want to find, he may not have done this or gave up trying

Just search for what you need to get, everyone hates listing it like 10k times.

But it's a very very simple swap and straight forward, just tag everything you take off so you know where it goes.

:worthy:
Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 6 2005, 05:03 PM
Just search for what you need to get, everyone hates listing it like 10k times.

But it's a very very simple swap and straight forward, just tag everything you take off so you know where it goes.
[post=442204]Quoted post[/post]​

THATS what i woulda expected THANKS

so answer it...the questions them selves are not that clear

i did, i answered it just as easy as i read it. Not everyone writes the perfect sentence or question, but it wasn't too difficult to comprehend and he seemed to accept my answer as a valid one...which it was.

""Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.""

AND

""The error returned was:
One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you are searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.""

HMM.... how many times can you take seeing one or more frekin sentances before you become "noob" and just ask to only be flamed and sent back to square one
or directed to another area of the forum to ask the same

thank you to those that actually use the forums and advise or suggest
and of course HELP out
*again* sorry to seem sh*ty but i feel the same as the original thread starter

FRUSTRATED~
sorry Riceras to get of the real subject your question

Back