Windows 95 and CD Burning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
a friend wants to buy an older burner off me... what do you recommend?

I reccomend an upgrade from windows 95. But if you can find an old school version of Adaptec Easy CD creator it might work.

I recomend a new computer. One that doesnt even run win 95. Thats the best solution.

...or at least upgrade to '98 and use Nero

Damn... upgrade! Microsoft killed official support for Windows ME last year, and 95 is 5 years older than that!

I would recommend that your friend upgrade to at LEAST Windows 2000, then think about using some of the current software that's available on the market. Searching for something that works on Win95 won't be easy. You have to worry about all kinds of ASPI layer issues, emulating SCSI crap etc...

Newer operating systems and burner software will support just about any burner these days.

ill let him know the bad news.

im a tech myself, and the oldest system ive had to support with a burner was 98. thanks!!

Well- I have burned on Windows 95 OSR2- that's what I was running on my machine when I got my first burner back in 1996. If he can dig up an old copy of Easy CD Creator 3.something and some ASPI layer drivers that will work in 95, then he can get it all to work. Who knows- I might still have some of that old software in my archives somewhere.

What are the specs of your friends machine? He should at the very least upgrade to Win98, or Win2000 like Calesta said if it can handle it.

Wow... what a useful site- but totally useless for me. :)

Just remember that your friend is going to have to install all the ASPI layer drivers to get the burner to talk to the system correctly. Windows 2000 and up have all that stuff built in, but 95/98 does not.

yea, i used to have adaptec ez-scsi for dos/windows 3.1 . that was cool stuff. :)

Back