Winter Cross ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Anyone doing it with me ? I think the first one is on the 8th. I'm bringing the Loyale for some thrashing around.

-> Steve

I'm gonna have the camping gear setup there.. coffee brewing, heater going, the whole deal. I have a support vehicle and a few other friends coming to watch.

Hey Chip: My friend's daughter wants a ride for a fun run - You think CART will let me ?

if not just wait till after the event... its mapped out in snow... its not like you cant still clearly see the track when CART leaves

wintercross is ON.

Sandwiches and Coffee tomorrow as well. I'll be bringing whatever I can to produce heat, and I'll be camped out in the wagon between runs. I'm bringing all my gear in a cooler to keep it dry, and I'll have a helmet.

I got called into work tonight..... :cry:

and too much shit to do tommorrow....but I might swing by to watch a run or two....maybe Chris too. :wink:

Good times were had by all. The Loyale actually kicks alittle ass - but the published results later will tell the tale.

I wish I could have taken more pics, there was lots of seat time... if by seat time you count waiting in line :)

3 runs, all about 2 minutes. Good snow pack, warmer weather made the snow disappear in the corners on the 3rd run.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey Chip: My friend's daughter wants a ride for a fun run - You think CART will let me ?

Hey Steve,

Sorry, I just saw this post. I haven't been on for a while. It looked like a lot of co-driving was going on today.

BTW, I heard that the trucking company placed some rocks out in the lot that can't be seen when there's snow on the ground. I also heard that the rocks killed three cars (not CART people) and the owners were arrested.

Quoted post[/post]]
Good times were had by all. The Loyale actually kicks alittle ass - but the published results later will tell the tale.

I wish I could have taken more pics, there was lots of seat time... if by seat time you count waiting in line :)

3 runs, all about 2 minutes. Good snow pack, warmer weather made the snow disappear in the corners on the 3rd run.

I don't think I did that well today. I screwed up my last run which had the most potential due to the exposed pavement.

Today's more relaxed environment was great... on the 3rd run I attached the cell phone (There were guys staging on their phones) to the interior and walked my friend through real-time. the 3rd run I soon realised that I could DIVE into the corners and put my faith into the dry spots to right the car. It was mainly point and click - pick a direction, go, swing the car around to match the next direction, punch it and go again.

As far as rocks... I don't get it - They don't like us being there ? Who were the 3 cars, if not CART people ?

Earl Steven 209 AWD 125.06 114.35 108.61 108.61
Rutan Chip 9 FWD 133.38 (104.12) 96.38 96.38
Canfield Martine 99 AWD 131.31 122.1 102.35 102.35

Wow... Everyone made great strides in improving their 3rd run.... but me :)

The fact that you whupped me doesn't surprise me.. the fact that you whupped me in a Type R in packed snow does :mrgreen:

I think Warren did FTD in the Diesel Dodge full-size, right ?
Elliott Warren 17 AWD 102.95 89.68 82.32 82.32

Quoted post[/post]]
Earl Steven 209 AWD 125.06 114.35 108.61 108.61
Rutan Chip 9 FWD 133.38 (104.12) 96.38 96.38
Canfield Martine 99 AWD 131.31 122.1 102.35 102.35

Wow... Everyone made great strides in improving their 3rd run.... but me :)

The fact that you whupped me doesn't surprise me.. the fact that you whupped me in a Type R in packed snow does :mrgreen:

I think Warren did FTD in the Diesel Dodge full-size, right ?
Elliott Warren 17 AWD 102.95 89.68 82.32 82.32

Warren was in the Audi #17.

Nice times in the wagoon, Steve. I'm assuming the 104.12 for my 2nd run is the correct time? The posted results give it as 154.12, which seemed quite slow.

Quoted post[/post]]
As far as rocks... I don't get it - They don't like us being there ? Who were the 3 cars, if not CART people ?

I don't know if it was intentional (probably was), but I think the trucking company doesn't want people racing in the lot outside of CART. Probably a lawyer/liability thing - or maybe they've had problems with vandalism or something. Anyway, I guess they're into pressing charges.

When I said they weren't CART people, I meant they were kids or something that went there at night to play around.

Chip: Yeah, I saw a Minute:second posting so I (converted it). Makes more sense anyway... 154 seconds seems like you would have to be stuck for a couple seconds which you never were.

As far as Martine, it's scary seeing Martine drifting corners, engine braking, and tossing inertia through corners.

Quoted post[/post]]
Chip: Yeah, I saw a Minute:second posting so I (converted it). Makes more sense anyway... 154 seconds seems like you would have to be stuck for a couple seconds which you never were.

As far as Martine, it's scary seeing Martine drifting corners, engine braking, and tossing inertia through corners.

Ah, you're right. I didn't notice the :

I wonder what happened to Matt's last time? It was pretty quick, which would have placed him quite a bit higher than they have him.

Back