winter is coming... PS2 games?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
whats hot right now... with the cold season coming up, im going to be bored sometimes... i'd like to get a new game :)

Need For Speed: Underground.
Out a week from Tuesday.
Need For Speed 2: Hot Pursuit is $15 at Best Buy for PS2. I just got it on my Gamecube and like it. Especially since i payed $10.50 shipped on eBay.

i just got ssx3 not long ago and i like it... if you liked ssx tricky then you should like ssx3

what else, i know im prolly gonna get flamed for this but need for speed - underground is coming out soon and the game looks OK, but i wanna see ACTUAL GAME PLAY... its basically fast and the furious in a video game, but i still wanna check it out

oh and madden 2004 [i only have 2003 but wouldnt mind 2004]

B)

GT4 should be out early 2004...around February. :worthy:

Otherwise Castlevania is out or coming out and seems good...
If you haven't already got it, GTA:Vice City is a good way to kill time.

What type of game are you looking for, B?

Gladius- you are a gladiator, fighting game, looks like a great game,
true crime-streets of la-cross betweend GTA and Max payne looks good to.
tony hawks underground-skateboarding, it's fun to.
simpson's hit and run-racing,lord of the rings-return of the king,-save the world great gameplay, i played it today.
XII(this will be the best)-fighting and espionage visually looks like anime
gran turismo 4 and metal gear solid 3 come out in late dec. early jan.,

need for speed underground is cool, but VERY ricey. when you use the nitrous everything gets blurry like 2f2f. the gameplay isn't too bad though. but don't expect GT3 driving aspects and reality.

ok rewind

im not a nerd.

i have no idea what ssx is.
nsee21d abbreviation crap means nothing to me. lol

let's try this:

Full title:
type of game: (war, shooter, racing, etc)
thoughts:

:)

SSX is a snowboarding game. But those games have little replay value and probably won't really keep you glued to the TV :p

You also have online squad shooter games like Navy seals SOCOM 2, but I think playing shooters on anything else than a PC with a mouse and keyboard is sacrilege. <_<

Kill Switch if you are looking for a hard game with little replay value--games are a horrible investment, seeing as how 90% of them will be 20 bucks in a year--get some greatest hit's and get 3 good games for 60 bucks instead of one new decent game for 50 bucks.

just get the unlimited gaming pass from blockbuster. you can rent a game for as long as you want, or as many times for $20. no late fees, and when you beat it you can return it and get another one.

SD:here comes he pain

Star Wars: nights of the old republic

Guilty Gear: X2

Those are my new games

Any word on the next GTA??? It's about time for Rockstar to make another...San Fransico would be an awesome theme.

I myself have started playing

Splinter Cell

what a kick ass game I'm loving it
it's kinda like a first person shooter but very technical
it's all about being like a covert ops agent staying as stealth as can be.
Think James Bond but like 200x better.

I'm also playing it on my computer s it might be different for PS2

Need for Speed: Underground. It might be riced out, but with over 200 parts to modify your car, I will gladly pay the $50 for it.

As for the Splinter Cell/Socom/Metal Gear Sold games, I am getting sick and tired of these, they are all the same thing, but just a different character and storyline. The gameplay is all the same. Hide, find something, kill people. The online is awesome, but the single player sucks. I do like Metal Gear Solid, simply because it was the first of its kind, and is King.

Role Playing Games are for "NERDS" and I for one love them. If you want to try one out, get Final Fantasy X(10) B. You will like these type of games, unless you storylines, stratagey, isn't your type of thing, then don't get this sort of game.

SSX3 (Name) has tons of replay value, don't have it, or want it. Tricky was fun, but it did get old, I don't like games with all the same play, unless of course it is a car game.

I would encourage Need for Speed, but if you want a game right now, just to pass some time Marvel vs. Capcom 2, great fighting game, might be on the Greatest Hits. Guilty Gear X, is way too hard, even for me, and I am very very good at fighting games. The original was hard too, the final boss was just about impossible, the one hit kills are pretty bad ass though.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Nov 7 2003, 10:17 AM
just to pass some time Marvel vs. Capcom 2, great fighting game

:concur:

You can't even compare MGS2 and Splinter Cell. I have/had both and Splinter Cell was 100x better. It is the best looking and probably the best game I've ever played. Took me forever to beat, but it was highly enjoyable. MGS2 was very repetitive.

Originally posted by Fastciv@Nov 7 2003, 08:11 AM
Any word on the next GTA??? It's about time for Rockstar to make another...San Fransico would be an awesome theme.

GTA 4 has already been planned. It is keeping with the time change of the series. the next one is set in Las Vegas in the late 60's early 70's. the last one was vice city. i think they are calling this one SIN CITY, or something like that.

NFS: Underground is hard as shit to play but fun. At hot import nights in Baltimore they had it set up w/ a wheel and pedals it was crazy hard to steer but good graphics and seemed realistic xcept for the blurriness crap. NFS: Hot pursuit is a fun ass game.
Nitro'd Lambo Cop car :worthy: I'll kick neone's ass

Kingdom hearts was pretty good. You can beat it in like 2 rentals tho.
It's a role playing game with disney characters. It's pretty fun. Especially to see how far you can launch Pooh out of that goddamn swing. :lol:
This one's kinda old, but I still play it: Castlevania: Symphony of the night. It's for PS1, you can probably pick it up for around 15 bucks or so.
Pride fighting championship is a pretty good rental. Just hit buttons and beat the shit out of each other. More fun if you play on 2 player mode.

I played need for speed underground. I didn't like it. I played it in gamestop a few weeks ago. You could hit NAWS and the background got all blurry and the car didn't really want to steer anymore.
That's all I can think of for now...

Back