1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiring Question???

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by leonc, Jun 16, 2005.

1. leonc

leonc Senior Member

I just got my B16a Sir II (obd 1) with LSD tranny in yesterday. This motor is going into a a 94 civic ex (d16z6 sohc vtec). I have heard from a couple of you guys that I should just use my old wiring harness since it is already wired for vtec. I want to make sure this is correct information. So if someone can confirm that, that would be great. I have searched the internet and have found nothing about putting a B16a into a eg that had a d16z6. The motor did come with a wiring harness but it is cut in one spot. i also noticed that the tranny (i believe it is y1) has a wireplug on the front of it and a wire plug right above were the axle and half shaft goes in. I didnt notice that on the d16z6 tranny, but im at work right now there is no way to confirm that untill tonight. If this is a true statement, do i need to run some wires for this?

I guess there are 2 general questions.

1. Should i use the wiring harness that came with the motor?
    2. if i use the original harness, Do i need to run any wires?

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

If you use the D16Z6 harness you're golden, only have to add a knock sensor wirea and if you do some creative rerouting, you won't have to cut and extend anything.

VSS and o2 sensor for the two plugs, I would guess.

3. leonc

leonc Senior Member

What is VSS? and i really don't think the other is a o2 sensor.

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Vehicle Speed Sensor.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted