worth 3000?? yes or no

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tim going to skunk 2 the shit out of the car and run low to high 12's..then turbo =)
Not only only do you think you'll run 12's with nothing but bolt on skunk2 parts but you're also going to waste money on parts that were meant for an all motor build then go turbo? :disgust1: I guess... it's your money...

lol...my bad...meant to state that ill run high 12 with a skunk 2ed motor....then if i decide to go turbbo who knows what ill run...i wouldent skunk 2 the motor if i went that route

skunk 2 cams....cam gears...cam seals...fuel rail...intake mani and throttle body....headers...coilovers..retainers..springs...forged valves...all by skunk2 brand

skunk 2 cams....cam gears...cam seals...fuel rail...intake mani and throttle body....headers...coil-overs..retainers..springs...forged valves...all by skunk2 brand
There is only one cam seal and only one header.

A S2 cam seal will do nothing for you. It's a seal. Unless the stock one is leaking, there is no reason to replace it.

S2 cam gears will do nothing unless you have plans on advancing or retarding the timing.

A S2 fuel rail isn't necessary. The stock one will handle your needs, especially while you're NA.

And I hope you know coil-overs aren't an engine part.

Sounds like you should read up on how to go about building an engine before you just bling out your engine compartment with unnecessary spending.

93 honda civic vx hatch.

built lsvtec
95 b18b1 block
oem honda pr3 b16 pistons 11:5.1 comp.
oem honda piston rings
arp rod bolts
oem honda crank and rod bearings
type r oil pump
gsr water pump
gsr timing belt
oem honda headgasket.
hondata intake mani gasket
p30 b16 intake manifold
dc sports race header with 2.5 inch collector
2.5 inch exhaust with 2.5" vibrant muffler
golden eagle lsvtec kit
99 b16 head
supertech valve springs and retainers
gsr cams
gsr trans with act clutch
chipped p28 ecu

with cams and a tune car will easily go low 13's. as of right now best time is 13.9 on bf drag radials.

its captiva blue with a new front end. so the front is black. has a dent and small rust on driver side quarter panel. other than that its clean. rides smooth. stock suspension in the back with coilovers up front. real jdm headlights with jdm corners. ek yellow fog lights. cf duckbill.
gsr rear cloth seats and integra ls cloth front seats. clean black interior. 226k on the shell. clean title. comes with steelies and hub caps with brand new tires.

The kid i bought the car from ran it at the track and he ran 13.9...i have the slip...he wiegh's 300 pounds...i wiegh 150 lol...im going to skunk 2 the shit out of the car and run low to high 12's..then turbo =)...who knows what ill run lol

you already got the motor so I say start wit suspension first before you "skunk 2" anything!

skunk 2 cams....cam gears...cam seals...fuel rail...intake mani and throttle body....headers...coilovers..retainers..springs...forged valves...all by skunk2 brand
How did you come to the conclusion that these parts will put you anywhere near 12's? I really want to know. Not because i'm trying to talk shit but because i really wanna know how these theories come about so we don't have a ton of misinformed people out there...

^^^^ was wondering the same thing.

It ran 13.9 as is and some how throwing a few Skunk2 parts at it will get you into low 12's?

well i guess im an idiot lol...maybe i wont "skunk 2" anything but coilovers ...but showing what i have already done...what should be my next step????

but what should i do to the car next??

upgrade the suspension, brakes, and tires.

as it sits now, you probably don't drive good enough to push that car to the limits. practice driving techniques before you start screaming MOAR POWAH!!!!

but what should i do to the car next??

Suspension, and brakes. Driving a car with a powerful engine that handles like a wet sponge sucks. I wouldn't put a dime into the motor until the car can handle more power, and stop well.

Wow.. insightful post on a year old thread

Back