would i see gains with a aftermarket manafold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a b18b with the b16 pistons. i was wondering if i got the skunk 2 or blox intake manafold if i would see noticable gains. im running a header, intake, fuel pressure regulator and full exhaust. would upgrading the tb help also?

I have a b series skunk2 manifold and stock b series intake manifold. In comparison the skunk2 has bigger ports and wider tubes. I have a upgrade oversized TB as well and it does gain some hp but not that much.

you will fell gains but not much.. you should add a throttle body too that would be wise a little more power/ torque gain i belive the skunk2 mani add8-12 hp / 6-9 torque.. you could look it up on the skunk2.com n look at manifold dyno's

I don't think you would see that much of a gain on a b18b with stock valvetrain but who knows. Maybe with aftermarket vavletrain or on a dohc vtec with cams, pnp, etc.

What I would do is save some more money and do some headwork or go ls/vtec. You would see more gains for the money in my opinion.

so replace it, its about 2 dollars.

i run an aebs manifold and i recommend it over the ones listed. its cheaper and i think just as good.

I have an AEBS manifold on my B16a.. it's basically an ITR copy with some slight improvements and I like it. It also has bosses on the underside of the intake runners to add nitrous if desired.

I agree with a stock valvetrain you probably won't get much from a manifold. If you're going to upgrade the cams as well you might want to look into it, but with a basically stock engine with bolt ons you probably won't get anywhere near what the manufacturer's dyno numbers claim.

Back