Wow...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 25 2004, 02:04 PM
great work...

but its ugly as fuck and i fucking hate beatles with a passion

:withstupid:

That took a minute or two to finish. More work than I'd ever spend on something like that, but hella good craftmanship.

They're not building it to drive, or even show at car shows. It's high art designed for museums. Did you see the dress/ gown thing they did out of hammered metal?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 25 2004, 03:04 PM
great work...

How can you hate The Beatles... B? lol. Old VW beetles were cool, the new ones are gay. This metal sculpture was built on the frame of an one. What excellent metalworking skills!

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 25 2004, 04:09 PM
They're not building it to drive, or even show at car shows. It's high art designed for museums. Did you see the dress/ gown thing they did out of hammered metal?

:roll: it says it ready to drive...... <_<

Originally posted by Airjockie+May 25 2004, 07:56 PM-->
The many awards that they've garnered have an arts and crafts attitude. I could see the bug displayed at a museum showcasing automobiles, industrial design, one showcasing metalwork or even a children's museum because of its whimsical style.

So you're right Clayton, no museum has actually showcased any of their pieces... yet, but they are museum quality, beautifully constructing items. Not every museum is about classical art and antiques...

Airjockie
@May 25 2004, 07:55 PM
:roll: it says it ready to drive...... <_<

Why wouldn't it be drivable? I see the VW chassis beneath the metalwork and the tires look good to me....

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 25 2004, 04:09 PM
They're not building it to drive, or even show at car shows. It's high art designed for museums.

HE said it, not I....

ideal for weddings, promotion, collections

and awards really mean anything.... <_<

uhmmm...award=Showcar???

collections...OK, so somebody will want to put it in a mesuem..but I doubt it will ever end up in the Smithsonian...

Originally posted by Airjockie@May 25 2004, 08:32 PM
collections...OK, so somebody will want to put it in a mesuem..but I doubt it will ever end up in the Smithsonian...

All kinds of stuff end up in museums... whatever. The point is, the metalwork on that VW is beautifully done and with mad skills. Could you make something like that?

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 25 2004, 07:37 PM
Could you make something like that?

Yup.

Do I want to?

Nope.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+May 25 2004, 04:38 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@May 25 2004, 03:04 PM
great work...

How can you hate The Beatles... B? lol. Old VW beetles were cool, the new ones are gay. This metal sculpture was built on the frame of an one. What excellent metalworking skills!

but the new ones are turbo B)

Originally posted by TurboMirage+May 25 2004, 11:08 PM-->
Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 25 2004, 04:38 PM
pissedoffsol
@May 25 2004, 03:04 PM
great work...

but the new ones are turbo B)

Being turboed can't save their gheyness... :p

Back