Wrecked the WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've got this one in Casper already. It's nice. I don't need a nav unit I need a Bluetooth single din for my accord.

My POS accord will have some mad Bass yO. It's for sale but at least I'l be able to jam out and make my trips more enjoyable. Once I put new shocks ans struts it'll be safer and more comfy to drive :)

I might be selling my Infinity bandpass boxes too. I dunno. I have no figgin time to install this stuff.

AVIC D3 with 2010 map DVDs, and GPS.

To get the bluetooth to work, it's an $80-$100 add-on, the iPhone add-on is about that much too. The AVIC system is neat - But a lot of the capabilities rely on add-on equipment.

If you ground the e-brake wire, it will think that you're standing still to watch DVDs. The display is really good for polarized glasses.

The colors change, you can change the splash screen, it's all open-source. You simply write a DVD (MUST be dual-layer DVD) and load it in.

Cool, I'll read up on it and think about it... but the whole "must buy add-ons" is one reason why I haven't bought a Pioneer head in almost a decade. :(

1425598_561207263951652_1067764506_n.jpg

Subi radio

Cal, not knocking on the Cel's head unit but the latest ones have almost everything standard now. The only thing I had to buy extra was the cable use app radio (sux). The good thing about it though is that you can stream hulu and other media from phone to headunit. I don't use it.

Bluetooth is standard, USB cord come with it for ipod and you can add aux if you want to.
Here's mine with the app radio chord and the switch incase I ever want to play a video while driving.
66CCD2CE-C5EC-4238-9401-8886BD047173-4254-000003CA8F7094FF_zpsc34e9713.jpg

4C383254-D0E7-446C-85B2-B65BBE92B23C-4254-000003CA94BC39CA_zps16d4b75c.jpg

doesn't look like it. mostly the gauge setup I think. I love how easy it is to work on. I installed it in prolly 30 minutes

1395141_561562133916165_1888403940_n.jpg

Such great weather for subarus. I was hauling ass.

Oh no, go ahead and bust on Cel's radio. It's like 8 years old, and I bought it used (I aint paying $1200 for a radio in my car, when all I use it for is a volume knob)

I'm STILL looking for a setup where I can just use a volume knob. I listen to mp3, satellite, or pandora. 99.99999% of the shit on this radio I simply don't use.

And still everyone in the NE has this addiction to GPS units.

Cal, not knocking on the Cel's head unit but the latest ones have almost everything standard now.

Oh I know. There still isn't a head unit on the market that I'm happy with that handles FLAC and extremely large file structures properly. I want to be able to run all file formats from a large hard drive, probably have integrated GPS with traffic support, and easily link up to my phone to pull the data to do all this crap too.

1425598_561207263951652_1067764506_n.jpg

Subi radio

I like that there is a knob for the volume adjustment, not having a knob would bug me.

That road looks fun btw. What do you run for tires in the winter? I've been trying to find some cheap snow tires to throw on my extra set of rims for the S4.

How bad are the winters?

I run general Altimax Arctics. Which are overkill for me. But the tires are cheap.

I like that there is a knob for the volume adjustment, not having a knob would bug me.

That road looks fun btw. What do you run for tires in the winter? I've been trying to find some cheap snow tires to throw on my extra set of rims for the S4.

That ENTIRE radio and all I use on it is the volume knob. The touchy thing novelty wears off. Especially when it won't do GPS without a GPS disc loaded. So it's hours of navigation with the radio, or rockin out to within 100 miles of your actual location.

And the DVD player is going to SCOLD ME for DARING to use it while the ebrake is down ? Feh. I don't have time for fucking stupid programs and rules to tell me what I can or can't do, or when I can't do them. I paid for the fucking thing, give me the features.

Don't have any winter or all season tires. Don't want to store the extra set of wheels and have other cars.

Cel, try looking into the App radio. it's pretty much a clock radio but syncs with your phone for apps like Pandora and such.

Nah.. I'm just gonna load up some flavor of win8 (At first) and run a few apps with a USB volume control knob

update: speed density tune seems to have adjusted a bit. afr's are better and gonna get some pics taken of it soon. Found out the car has a little history in Danbury and even had a video teaser made right after the build was done. Guy friend requested my on FB and after reviewing the pics and history it's the real deal. everything from the internals to trans and even the name Casper. lol
Final Drive Racing: Casper Teaser - YouTube

Back