Wrecked the WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

glad you got home dude. sorry i couldnt come by. steve texted me around when you were up here i was like FAWK

yep, i could have told you all about trying to run no tags in NY
if you had made a paper plate, or just taped a piece of paper in the back window like it was a recently purchased car they probably would not have pulled you over.
NY has no such thing as a temporary tag either.

dudes, only reason I got pulled was because I didn't have 1.25 for a freaking toll!!! so the normal procedure was to get my lisc and vin. once she asked for a tag # it was down hill from there. lol.

I didn't want to ask to keep his tag and mail back but glad he was willing to bring them to me. I figured if I got stopped I have enough paperwork to show proof of purchase. the car was already insured in my name, had a bill of sale, notorized and all.

the gas thing was retarded and I totally could have handled it differently.
I would be alright if it wasn't for me making it to a gas pump THAT WAS CLOSED!! all the other pumps were still active with card except E85.
I was stuck in DC for about 3-4 hours. 1 or so waiting for someone to pull over and then cab and later the tow truck....he was cool other than almost ripping my front bumper off. but he got me to the station, gave me a jump and kept it hooked up until I had a good charge. once I got to SC things...and people got better.

yeah I saw how close to Jeffie I was so I texted him to wake up. worst case I slept at his place but figured if anyone could get up to give me a ride to a station it would be him. when I didn't hear back I said fuckit and kept riding!

it's here and the thing is a beast. I got on it a little yesterday and hit 120 in a matter of seconds. shit's scary and decided to keep the PS off because if it. I'm being controlling by putting only 5 gallons ($3.24) in order to get me a few rides before needing to park it and go get more fuel. this way I don't get carried away and drive it when I shouldn't

ohh and did I forget to mention that right before the owner, Ramon. got to me to get me the tags he said there was a Kilo in the trunk that he needed to get out because he forgot. I was freaking out and shaking.

he gets there....puts the tags on and says we need to go to an ally. right before I get in the car he says, i'm just fucking with ya man!......man I had. best joke ANYONE has ever played on me. :lol:

Well glad you and the car made it back in one piece. What's the plans now that you have all 500+ HP?

Note to self. Taco is road trip passenger not the captain.

leave it the fuck alone. lol. I've got to get the tune checked out. it's running rich now. and have a feeling it's because of the altitude change. it was right at the 14.7-15.9 mark but now it's cruising at 10.9-12.5 and sometimes 13afr's at idle. it's bouncing too much for my liking so I'm gonna have it cleaned up

and yes I am a passenger. I talk all night in order to keep you awake.lol

Now that I did that trip i'd like to do more plane trips and meet up with some of you fellas. Jeffie is my first stop. :)

Nice that things worked out with the insurance and finding another car.

New cars sounds nasty. Adrenaline pumping, nerves jumping, shut up and hold on! Just no more Tanner Foust drifting in round abouts.

Cool fact of the day.

That night I setup the do not disturb on my iphone lol

You, Edgar and your late night gay chats lol.

Plus email and Facebook goes off all night.

Dude, you're Floridian. You should know that coke goes INTO Florida on a boat, and OUT OF florida in the trunk of a WRX. Bright white. With a mexican at the wheel.

Dude, you're Floridian. You should know that coke goes INTO Florida on a boat, and OUT OF florida in the trunk of a WRX. Bright white. With a mexican at the wheel.

noted. lol.

I promise no more tanner foust moments.:rimshot:
I've driven the car once since I've been back. mostly because i'm waiting for registration but also for the fact that e85 pumps I thought I had closed and now have to go to the opposite side of town to get. I think of it as helping me keep control of my speed addiction.

The Accord is getting the sound system so my commute doesn't suck as bad. :) The sti is getting the nice double din radio though.

I should prolly sell my AVIC double din deck here. I haven't even installed it, and the BMW is going to receive a tablet as soon as I decide on the plan.

Interested ?

AVIC D3 with 2010 map DVDs, and GPS.

To get the bluetooth to work, it's an $80-$100 add-on, the iPhone add-on is about that much too. The AVIC system is neat - But a lot of the capabilities rely on add-on equipment.

If you ground the e-brake wire, it will think that you're standing still to watch DVDs. The display is really good for polarized glasses.

369264980AVIC-D3%20large%20-%20Red%20iPod%20Screen.jpg

The colors change, you can change the splash screen, it's all open-source. You simply write a DVD (MUST be dual-layer DVD) and load it in.

Rosen is a manufacturer of double din gps touchscreen head units for cars.

I thought your head unit was Asian? At least that's what she looks like in pictures :ph34r:

Back