WTB Beater car in CT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
I am looking for a good beater car, or a 4cyl pick up 2wd for under a grand. The vehicle must be standard, no autos. Also, it cant need any major work as I have no time to fix it. I something reliable and something that gets good gas milage. 300-400 in gas for my truck each month is getting to be too much.

Reply on here, pm me, or im jeefsilverado

Hey whats up heff? my dads friend is selling a cutless i think or something like that. but it has less than 90,000 miles and ac and shit works. he only want 700 for it. i think he put new tires on it and a new battery. lmk if your interested.

A cutless isnt really what I am looking for, thanks though. I need something that gets good gas milage.

I looked at a really well maintained '91 FWD Civic wagon up here in Newton last Saturday. The guy wants $950 for it. No fender well rust. The paint is oxidized on the hood. It's got around 96K miles on it with the timing belt having been done by a dealership at 60K miles three years ago. Prior to that it was stored for a few years while the owners were in Germany. The lower ball joints have been replaced.

Unfortunately it's an automatic. But it is a peppy car and the tranny seems excellent. One owner car.

Jeff there's a guy down the street from me selling a 90's Chevy Berretta
it looks to be in good shape, but it's most likeley and auto, asking price is $700. I could check it out for you. let me know.

Dennis I'll let you know, older Chevy cars kind of scare me for reliability. Martine, I want to stay away from a wagon and an auto.
Thanks for keeping your eyes out.

Well good luck on your search. I love car shopping and I've noticed that most cars in the <$1000 range have some sort of issue... or are really old or undesirable. Even Geo Metros are in the $1400 range. I was very lucky and found one of my DX hatches for $500 in the summer, but it needed a head gasket.

I don't know what the deal is with this car, but it's in Waterbury.

1988 Volkswagon Fox - 65,000 miles - $700

I am only looking for cars in CONNECTICUT, if they are out of CT I don't want it. I have no time to go look further.

Fine. But the selection is excellent up here. I missed out on a 96 Civic DX hatch for ONLY $600 yesterday morning. It had a rear quarter issue, but it drove fine and had no problems passing inspection. The mileage was only around 100K. The first person to test drive it snapped it up, of course. *sigh*

I look at the CT classifieds also for myself, and there just isn't much posted online down there. I have four running cars and am hunting for a BMW 325 iX for my next car. I know how to shop for cheap cars and I have no problems driving one down to you... and I told you that. Well next week I will be in FL for a few days, but my schedule is flexible.

Well good look hunting in CT then. *shrug*

I have a beater car for a few months, my bro is going out the country for a few months and my mom wants me to drive his car so it won't sit.
:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back