wtb d16y8 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boxinggsxr

i want to buy a d16 y8 block to replace stock one that messed up due to spun rod or bearing

There are major oil issues in this block, hence why your bearing or rod spun. I would highly suggest a D16a6 block, because they do not have this issue and it is a direct bolt on, with the D16y8 head mounted on it.

A lot of the time you can buy one from the forums on here. I bought mine for $40 from someone that I contacted via. kijiji.ca a local classified ad. As for the age, watch for high km's and do not always assume the odometer is correct there are certain ways to see if you are literally getting more bang for your buck:). I hope that helped out a little.

If you want more torque (better off the line) you would choose the Si transmission, but if you like horsepower (high end speed) and better fuel economy you would choose a Cx or Dx. I do not know if an Lx transmission would do the trick, maybe though. I personally am seeking out an Si transmission for the lower end grunt:). The Si has shorter gears, while the Cx and Dx have longer gears.

ya hey i'll let u know i know this guy selling 2 si trannys but ya i might get one or go for dx tranny

The Dx will be a little bit better for your wallet because of gas:). Also, where are you located?. I really want an Si transmission but do not want to pay mega buck for it!.

south texas ya thats what i was thinkn cuz gas is a biotch right now plus i drive too much lol
still need a block hopefully today i'll find one

Goto your local classified and type in "d16a6 block" -or- "Honda block" -or- something of that nature to find one. I bought mine for $40.

Back