Wtf, Is This True?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:rolleyes:

What a loser...

"he bought the car fully built".... right.

F1's do rev that high, infact the rev to 16000, :worthy:

I don't understand why people feel the need to make ridiculous claims that ANYONE who knows cars at all can discredit. Who are they tryin to impress?

Oh well.

--Dan

just go up to him and slap him, no punch him then call him a fucktard. people like this shouldn't own a car, especially a 4th gen.

theres this kid at my school that talks like that.. he told me he was buying a j-spec honda motor that has 410 hp n/a and stock, he didn't know the engine code. i told him to bring in a sheet of paper telling about this motor well, about 3 mos ago, and he still hasn't brought it.

now he's claiming he's getting a factory turbo motor from japan *honda of course* . so i asked him if it was a motor from the mid 80's? or a honda jetski.. he said this about a month ago, and hasn;t talked to me since :owned:

Originally posted by IceBolt@Jan 28 2003, 12:22 PM
"As a good driver you can hear it in your car. When you're in one with your car, you know it's nothing below 10 000 RPM"

ask him what movie he got that from.

OK just to through my two cents in... The odds of this guy driving a car that is apparently one of a kind, considering the laws of physics/mechanics/common sense fail to exist in this guys car, are slim to none. I vote slap him for being a total ass hat, laugh at him and walk it away. It isn't that deep.

jesus dude thats absolutely retarded, you really needed to ask us???? that is one of the most rediculous things ive ever heard... right up there with this guy who has a "honda civic that does wheelies" and the 10 year old that got a dl from the president of the united states.......... jeebus man i think you need to punch the guy in the face and when your fist is on its way back from bullshit land guide it to your own..... :blink:

Originally posted by Hexen@Jan 28 2003, 09:27 AM
B16 (on these threads) has a B16 (obviously) and I've been in his ride. He has I/E/H Camgears, Tb and some other misc. bolt ons. His car has a useable powerband up to about 9100 if I remember right.

the ctr cams and valvetrain help that out too ;)

Originally posted by Hexen+Jan 28 2003, 10:12 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@Jan 29 2003, 01:11 AM
Hexen
@Jan 28 2003, 09:27 AM
B16 (on these threads) has a B16 (obviously) and I've been in his ride. He has I/E/H Camgears, Tb and some other misc. bolt ons. His car has a useable powerband up to about 9100 if I remember right.

the ctr cams and valvetrain help that out too ;)

Oh yea, I knew I was missing something obvious.

:p
and to the guy who started this thread, ask him how he knows wtf 10,000 rpms sounds like? that is bull crap... ask to go for a ride in it :)

Originally posted by IceBolt@Jan 28 2003, 12:30 PM
But like F1 cars do close to 15 000 RPM don't they?

No do they even do that?

Unless he found some way to steal an F1 or cart motor, this guy is a lying sack of shit. If he said 11k, it would be skecty but semi belivable. 10k, yes, 9k, no problem. You mentioned a b16, stock they can rev to 8200, and when built heads are on them, they can normally withstand revs up to 10k but a little after 9k, the powerband plunges down to nothing.

F1 engines (yes honda has f1 and cart engines but good luck getting one into a civic) will rev to 15k with no problem, some redline as high as 18k. The major problem with reving higher (just like past 10k) is that the valve springs can not close the valves fast enough and both intake and exhaust will be open for a little bit (called valve overlap) To resove this, stiffer springs are used but the valves take more of a beating. To rev to 15k+ the springs are extremly stiff and cause major wear on the valve heads and eventually snap. The designers of these engines try to make the springs as stiff as possible without having the valves snap within that 500 miles. Normally when indy cars finish, they have little time left on that engine before shit breaks. Before the next race, the entire engine must be rebuilt. If this kid is using this engine as a daily driver, he must have extremly deap pockets to be able to afford a rebuild once a month. Also 150 hp? :lol: fully built race engines produce a tad more than 150 hp. This kid is a fag that is just lying to your face and does not know what the hell he is talking about.

OKay. To the kid who started this, :ufucktard: for even believing him. Anyone with half a brain can realize he is lieing at his ass and it makes you look beyond stupid for believing his shit. I am sure when he told you, you believed him. If you didnt, you wouldn't be asking us.

Come on, fully built motor with 150hp? :rolleyes: Better yet, a honda that is street driven and handles 15k revs without a sure way of knowing. Oh come on!! From about 13500 to 15000 it all sounds the same to me (i dont have great hearing due to IASCA and USAC comps).

We need a bullshit emoticon.. ::B U L L S H I T::

Originally posted by IceBolt@Jan 28 2003, 12:13 PM
ya it's not that his car can go to 15 000 RPM

"it redlines at 15 000 RPM" ...

well in his defense I'm sure it his engine did reach 15k RPM it would be "in" the redline :D

maybe he got the tack and the speedo mixed up... i can see how a retard can mess that up..... just because the needle is between the 10 and the 20 dont mean 15,000 rpms

15k in a daily driven car? I need to throw my bullshit tokens in on this one too.

On the other hand- if 10k is where my power curve starts to fall off when I'm wrapping up my engine build, then 10k is where I'll be revving to on the track.

:D :D :D

I took the pistons out so I could rev way faster sounds dope yo. Yall should get down wit my crew 1/4 mile in like 19 sec

Originally posted by NOTFAST@ALL@Jan 29 2003, 09:52 PM
I took the pistons out so I could rev way faster sounds dope yo. Yall should get down wit my crew 1/4 mile in like 19 sec

you should get down wit deez nuts!

:lol:

Back