WTF this stuff is making me mad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Ok, so I went and bought another axle cause the other one was completely wrong. This shit will not go in. The splines in the hub appear to be perfectly fine and the axle is new. There is something wrong here and I can't figure it out. The axle just will not go into the hub, I tried everything, i really don't want to buy a new hub cause I don't think that's the problem.

I'm gonna fiddle with it a little more and see what I can do, if not its junkyard time.

the driverside axle does not want to go into the hub, the first axle they just gave me one with the wrong one, the hub side didn't fit at all.

So I got a new one and now it won't go in the hub. It fits fine on the halfshaft and am positive it is the right axle, it just doesn't fit in the hub. The threads go in and it starts to go in the rest of the way but stop after like 2 mm's, it does not go in enough to lock them together.

The passenger side went in fairly easy, they are the same size hubs so it doesn't make sense.

If I can't get it in, and the junkyard wants too much for the spindle, I'll have to try and destroy a civic axle or something cause I never had this problem before.

If you didn't know this is a 93 Cx, 94 Teg LS axle.

are you 100% sure its the right axles
are you sure its for an Integra. Is it for an integra with ABS?

100% sure its for a 94 integra, i know its not abs cause it doesn't have the gear things on it.

I'm about to pull the opther side out and see if it will go into the hub if it doesn't I'm gonna have to buy a new hub.

abs doesn't matter. the abs axels simply have a ring for the sensor on them. they are still the same thread pitch and what not.

wildbill had this exact setup. 94cx, stock hubs/brakes/95 LS swap.

it works.

you're doing somethign wrong, or you have the wrong parts.

maybe try putting a little grease on the splines, so it is more inclined to slide in. There is no reason at all it shouldn't work. I used 94+ GSR axles on both a 92 and a 95 and they fit perfect in both along with a few different type hubs.

Yep I put grease on it, doest work.

That's what I thought, maybe I was doing something wrong, but how can you put a fuckin axle in wrong. The shit just won't go in. Maybe I'll bring the digi home and take a movie of it.

maybe its not the axel at all- maybe its your 1/2 shaft and ur comming up short dont know what it is but pictures of your problem would help? but you also said you have tried not puting it into the 1/2 and just putting it into the hub and it still didnt work so i dont think this is the case but any ways good luck .. borrow some one elses teg axel and try it maybe you have a bad hub that is slightly bent or warped where as the thing wont guide in properly ? im a newb and this is just a thought

yea, its not going it at all. I'm going to the yard to pick up a new hub today. The axle is new, it just won't go into the hub. I'm tired of trying with this shit so I'm just gonna get another hub.

Back