Xbox 360 controller keeps disconnecting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Actually, I'm having a similar problem. Both my controllers are doing the same thing (disconnecting while in the middle of games) and it's not the batteries because I've been there done that. Also, my best friend came over with hers and she has a brand new controller and it does the same thing on my xbox! I have no clue what it is, but it really sucks when you're blasting zombies heads off and suddenly you lose your damn connection! ahh...venting, venting. Anway, I need to find the solution to this quick, or at least get my xbox checked out. This just started within a month or so, but it's getting really old really quick...:ph34r:

Mine turned out to be the router I think. I moved as far away as possible and tucked it away behind my desk. I also disabled the Wi-Fi/Radio. Seems to work fine now. Though, my controller is messed up now(D-pad and L3 are messed up).

B is an SEO god.

I love it.

First post on a honda forum is about a controller disconnecting <3.

Not making fun, i just think it's amazing the referrals google sends us.

I am also having the same exact problem and this is the first time it has ever happened. It's my newest black controller I bought from Wal-Mart and it keeps disconnecting. I am 99% sure it's something wrong with the controller because when I use the same battery backs into my other older messed up controllers and it never disconnects. I wish someone find out something because I tried everything and I really don't feel like dropping another $50 on a controller that will mess up again.

Wow, search Xbox 360 controller keeps disconnecting. Hondaswap is 5th down on the list!

My son is having the same issue. Called Microsoft and they sent out a new controller. It is doing the same thing. Will spin and spin connect for a few min then disconnect. It is not the batteries as we have put new ones in. And both controllers are doing the same thing. I seriously think its an issue with the xbox not keeping the connection.

Back