Xbox, Schmexbox...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol brutal u need to look at the post of the poster that i qouted it WASNT YOU IT WAS 94H_EX and yes you and I are on the same tract with saying both systems have thier flaws and good points

Oh, I know you were responding to him. I just wanted to get in on the discussion.

Maybe we've had a misunderstanding here. I'm well aware of the fact that they're developing a 360 version of Metal Gear Solid: Rising. Rising is a NEW game that they've planned from the beginning to develop for both the PS3 and 360. Rising is unnoficially the 5th Metal Gear Solid game.

I'm just talking about MGS4 here. That's it. That particular game is so memory heavy that they simply can't put it on the 360 without putting it on multiple discs, and because of that, it's probably never going to happen. They did put out Xbox versions of past MGS games, but if you want to play MGS4 (which is the last of the series to feature Solid Snake as the main protagonist) then it's PS3 or bust.

I wasn't trying to say that Konami won't put out future Metal Gear games on the 360, I was just saying that this particular one won't ever be on the 360. Does that make sense?

i have the 60 gig version with is the first version because its backwards compatible. I have heard the newer ones dont get as hot and are quiet but i know a few of my buddy have had the slim and had to take them back for yellow light of death or bad bluray drives. one of my buddies had getting into 5 returns on his ps3 because of the yellow light

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, mine's been great so far. I'm very happy with it.

my info is from my tv and it will tell me what mode the game is in

Well like I said, not ALL PS3 games output in 1080. Some of them do though, so if you're playing one that is 1080p compatible, then you may need to go into the settings and set it to output in 1080p.

There's no doubt in my mind that the PS3 upconverts though. In fact, if you go into the settings menu you can mess around with the upconverting options, so I know for a fact that it upconverts...

ripperbone;1590131the xbox started off with a bunch of out of the box fails but what my point was to 94h_ex was that the ps3 is not [B said:
GOLD[/B] and that it has it problems like the yellow light of death just like xbox has the RROD. where he claims the ps3 doesnt get the rrod well hell the yellow light of death is just as bad as the rrod.

Yeah, and that's a fair point. I wonder what the failure rate is on the PS3? I know it's not at Xbox levels, but I'd be curious to know anyway...

there was a bunch of articles on it. i have to find them in a bit I have to take my son in to the doctor for blood work

Looks like eg6sir beat you to it. I'll read up on it...

I can't say neither weren't legit, they're opinions based on personal experiences. I don't hate on the PS3 because its better quality and cost wise, I hate on it because at the moment I can't afford one. lol

My brother has all three systems. He's been through several different Xbox's and has a black one now, along with his white wii and his black PS3. He tends to play his Wii over his Xbox, and his xbox over his PS3.

Yeah, honestly if my 360 hadn't died so many times I probably would have just bought a standalone BluRay player and I'd still be on 360. I wanted a BluRay player and since I was having so many issues with my Xbox I figured I'd try a PS3 (especially after the price cut) and then I could watch BluRays and play PS3 exclusives also. After a while though I just ended up buying more and more games for the PS3.

I don't really love one over the other. It's mostly just circumstantial that I'm on the PS3... :shrug2:

my buddy only bought the ps3 for the bluray.. he has 1 game for it.. killzone2?? i think .. never plays it.. only plays his 360 and rarely his Wii

Thanks for the links. From what I can gather though, it seems like they're thinking about offering a "Premium" PSN membership that will cost money and the basic service will still be free. Kinda like XBL Gold I would guess?

my buddy only bought the ps3 for the bluray.. he has 1 game for it.. killzone2?? i think .. never plays it.. only plays his 360 and rarely his Wii

See that I don't understand. If you just want to watch BluRays you can get a standalone for cheaper then a PS3. I love that I can watch BluRays on it, but I fully intended on gaming too. For me that justified the $300 price tag over $200 for a decent BluRay player. The fact that it has a web browser is nice too. I sit in my living room and surf the net on my 40" HDTV! :D

Thanks for the links. From what I can gather though, it seems like they're thinking about offering a "Premium" PSN membership that will cost money and the basic service will still be free. Kinda like XBL Gold I would guess?
basic service will be like xbox live silver the premium will be like xbox live gold xbox live silver u cant play with anyone online. so yea.

And just to clarify, SOME Xbox 360s will upconvert, but not all of them. The older ones don't have HDMI ports and therefore cannot upconvert (you need to be using an HDMI cable for upconversion to be possible). Only the newer ones with HDMI ports can do it...

I'm honestly amazed that you haven't had an RROD yet. The failure rate on the 360 is more then 60% overall, so consider yourself lucky. As for the PS3, do you have the older one or the newer, slim version? I don't know how the older one is, but the slim version is really nice. It doesn't put out much heat and it's very very quiet...
The pre-HDMI 360's could upconvert too, you just needed the VGA cable to do it. Also, chalk me up as another long time 360 owner without a single issue. Well, that's a half truth. The springed USB cover on the faceplate broke inside so the flap is always open now.

See that I don't understand. If you just want to watch BluRays you can get a standalone for cheaper then a PS3. I love that I can watch BluRays on it, but I fully intended on gaming too. For me that justified the $300 price tag over $200 for a decent BluRay player. The fact that it has a web browser is nice too. I sit in my living room and surf the net on my 40" HDTV! :D
I've owned all three systems, and I'm left with only my xbox. I realized that 99% of my usage of my PS3 was for blurays. What it boiled down to is that I use a Logitech 880 for my home theatre, so it annoyed me having to still use the ps3 controller. Yes I could have picked up a PS3 remote, or an infrared dongle for the ps3, but I didn't want another remote or some dongle hanging off the front. I ended up buying this Amazon.com: Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray Disc Player (Black): Electronics andit has a few features that make me prefer it for bluray over the PS3.

ohhh......snap.... TODAY ON HS...... "BATTLE OF THE CONSOLE" PS3vs.XBOX........ PS3 FTW!!!!!!!!! XOBOX SUX PEENIS YO! PS3 MO BEDDA!!!!!!

Oh, I know you were responding to him. I just wanted to get in on the discussion.

Maybe we've had a misunderstanding here. I'm well aware of the fact that they're developing a 360 version of Metal Gear Solid: Rising. Rising is a NEW game that they've planned from the beginning to develop for both the PS3 and 360. Rising is unnoficially the 5th Metal Gear Solid game.

I'm just talking about MGS4 here. That's it. That particular game is so memory heavy that they simply can't put it on the 360 without putting it on multiple discs, and because of that, it's probably never going to happen. They did put out Xbox versions of past MGS games, but if you want to play MGS4 (which is the last of the series to feature Solid Snake as the main protagonist) then it's PS3 or bust.

I wasn't trying to say that Konami won't put out future Metal Gear games on the 360, I was just saying that this particular one won't ever be on the 360. Does that make sense?

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, mine's been great so far. I'm very happy with it.

Well like I said, not ALL PS3 games output in 1080. Some of them do though, so if you're playing one that is 1080p compatible, then you may need to go into the settings and set it to output in 1080p.

There's no doubt in my mind that the PS3 upconverts though. In fact, if you go into the settings menu you can mess around with the upconverting options, so I know for a fact that it upconverts...

Yeah, and that's a fair point. I wonder what the failure rate is on the PS3? I know it's not at Xbox levels, but I'd be curious to know anyway...

Looks like eg6sir beat you to it. I'll read up on it...
yep he did since the stupid hospital didnt do the blood work for my son when he was there.

anyways I know the xbox fail rate is higher than the ps3 beacuse xbox's have been failing since day 1 but its funny how the ps3 is starting to fail a couple years after it came out.

as far as MGS goes all i knew is that a MGS game was going to be offered on xbox, may not be 4 but thats ok to me. the best MGS solid game was the first one on ps1

never played an MGS, so i could care less who has it.. lol

you're missing out. it's one of the best franchises of all time.

it is a 3rd person shooter, phenomenal story, great gameplay and amazing attention to detail.

it's the total opposite of the run and gun 1st person shooters. you have to be stealthy and take your time. i can't say enough about it.

basic service will be like xbox live silver the premium will be like xbox live gold xbox live silver u cant play with anyone online. so yea.

Source on that? All the articles I read said that the basic service will likely stay the same (i.e. you can still play online with it) and "gold" service or whatever they call it will add additional features...

my little brother has been playing mw2 all day on mine? i still got psn?

Apparently it's only effecting some PS3s. The newer ones (the "slim" ones) are okay I guess...

Back