1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yay or Nay on the BFGoodrich g-force's?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by lude9593, Jul 10, 2005.

1. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

it's time for new tires on the prelude but i can't afford some new lightweight 16" wheels AND tires so i'm just going to go with some new tires.

does anyone have any experience with these bfgoodrich's? they're $99 a tire which is about the limit i want to pay in price. here's a link to the page.clickity-click

since the car is not my daily driver, the normal concerns such as noise/comfort, etc. don't apply as much. i don't care too much about great wet traction either. and it doesn't need to be an all seasons tire. mainly dry traction with good handling characteristics for $100 or less.

any other suggestions or do these look good?

2. formby

formby learning in progress

if for drag then okay...... if not get azenis or some potenzas

3. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

yeah i figured those were more for drag but i don't do any autox so i figured it'd be ok. the g-force sports seem to be a more all-around tire and they're only $71 each so that's another option.

i would like to get some azenis but i don't think they make them in 205/55/15.
    i found a site though that has them in 205/50/15 for $71 a piece. right hurr
    would the smaller sidewall make my car look funny in terms of wheel gap and stance?

4. formby

formby learning in progress

yeah it could look funny....but i would stick with some nice potenzas....bridgestones' are nice tires for the price

5. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

which model of the potenza's? Not meaning to thread-jack

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

drag raidals will be DEAD in 3000 miles. don't get those for a daily driver.

7. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

those look nice; lots of good reviews. btw; that BFG is NOT a drag radial.
    these are the drag tires you guys were referring to: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...2FA+Drag+Radial which are under "Competition" section of Tirerack.

they have different "trims" of g-force tires; the KDs, KDWs(which is what he was referring to, which are almost like the KD except can handle in water also), and the Drag Radials.

those KDWs are rated pretty close to the S-03s(and in the tests they did better than the other tires), and they cost a few dollars less than the s-03s so i would go for it.

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

ahh-- didin't see the link.

the kdw2's...

never used 'em.
    don't plan to.

i'm sure they are a nice tire and all, but IMO, you can get more tire for the money in other brands.

9. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I have the G-Force Profilers, fucking awesome tires. Those I am sure are just as good, if not better. I agree with B though, well not the more tire part, but the for your money, you can get an equally performing tire for less. Those are made to be driven very hard, if you aren't driving very hard, than you can get something to your needs for less.

10. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

what would you recommend then? i'm also looking at the yokohama es100's for $78 a tire. they seem pretty decent for the money.

and 92b16vx: how much are those tires you have?

11. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

12. Pewble

Pewble Senior Member

Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712s are very very nice too, and slightly cheaper than that i think

13. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

B will only tell you to roll the Azenis and if you don't he will say that you are not a real man. Oh BTW FUCK Kumhos. Worst tire I have ever owned and will never own them again but remember this is just peoples personal opinions REMEMBER THAT.

14. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

711's, 712's suck donkey balls.

and i have never said that the azenis 215 is the be-all, end-all. but for the money, its nearly impossible to beat.

i have yet to drive the 615s.... those are my next tire for street though.

but that my be waiting till the sti till next summer....

the hatch may be getting some ao48's :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted