Yeah, I hate the ORLY pics...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
came across this pic today on a bike forum, and I couldn't pass it up....

ownedrly4eu.jpg

I think someone tossed a dead owl in front of that bike. Because it's ears, eyes and flight control.. I would think... would be enough to avoid a shrieking white 400 lbs missile coming down the road. In daylight.

aren't most owls mainly nocturnal?

so if this owl was hit during the day time i would assume it was not in the right state of mind...
ie: rabies...

or else it was caught off guard, i don't think owls expect something to be doing 100+ mph coming around a corner...

Owls still function just as well at night. I think it's BS too, but it's somewhat possible I guess.

I took a pidgeon to the chest doing about 70mph on my r6. Glanced off of my left pec. It was like someone socking me in the chest. I was like wtf? It just took off from this fence post and ran right into me. It was weird. That bike would have to be going REALLY fast to bust that light, I would think that at such a steep angle on the front of that bike, that owl would just be deflected. Gnarly.

largest thing i ever took was a monster ass butterfly going about 65-75...
hit my helmet right above my right eye just over the eye shield...
i thought it was gonna rip my head off...

guts all over my helmet and jacket...

Quoted post[/post]]
largest thing i ever took was a monster ass butterfly going about 65-75...
hit my helmet right above my right eye just over the eye shield...
i thought it was gonna rip my head off...

guts all over my helmet and jacket...

helmet shots are always a little frightening. It's like slow motion a split second before it hits. Riding with my buddies, I'd always take rocks to my chest on on my helmet. Those are probably the most painful.

I hit a 3 year old with my truck. Ever since then I've been a believer in push bars / nerf bars and powerwashers.

Back