yet another car poll...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

ok, my mom is selling her house and is going to give me some cash to buy a car. i asked this question a long time ago, but now i am basically down to afew cars. i basically want a car thats gonna last easily through colege, or atleast 4 years, yea don't ask. so i would like another CRX, but those are a straight up target for theives and cops both around here. so i figure an Integra GSR or Celica GTS. I would buy an Insight, seriously, but they run about 10k here, and i cant get the extra 2 or 3k i need, so there goes that idea. i want somethingthat has decent power in stock form, not for racing or anything, just enough power for freeway driving and stuff, adn something that is nice n comfortable.. I have ridden in a GSR,a dn drove a GT celica, so i knw how they both feel. i like em both. here in San Diego, the Hondas and Acuras are more likely to get stolen, but damn, thats everywhere i guess. the GSR would be cheaper, depending on the year, but i'd like to get the newest i could for around 8k

yea btw thats about the limit, 8k. so what do you think. i know that not a lot of you here have DC2's or celicas, but wat do you think. any other ideas? and btw i already considered and eg hatch and stuff, bu i really don't want a civic, and if i get a honda, i'd rather have a B series stock, because i honestly dont want to hassle with a swap right now, cause i don't got the cash.

CRXs are high theft, but Teg GSRs and Celicas aren't ?

That's a pretty backwards place in which you live.

I vote prelude. You can get a 5th gen easy for 8k, and a 4th gen easy with left over money.
Take a ride in a 5th gen prelude, it might be another choice if you like em.
Drives sooo smooth.
And of the cars you mentioned, i'd pick the celica.
SD+integra = :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]
CRXs are high theft, but Teg GSRs and Celicas aren't ?

That's a pretty backwards place in which you live.
Yeah they are all gonna be high theft. fuck, my '86 corolla sedan has been broken into once, and had a wheel(stock 14") stolen once. but i live in a lot better area now, and if the car has an alarm, people tend to mess with it less here. yea some people don't care, but the majority of theives here are young and inexperienced kids. another reason i don't go with the CRX is because i will eventually buy another one, but this time i want a bone stock, mint condition, from the first owner. I've seen a couple sold around here like that, but you just gotta have the cash at the right time.

about the Lude, they tend to be a little over that price range here, atleast from what i have seen, but i'll definately check em out.

Quoted post[/post]]
Still have my 1990 celica GT Hacth 5spd for sale 2500 bucks ....

1990 celica Gt hatch 2.2L
yea i like it, but you're 2000 miles away :)

ehh, i got a while to think it over. the people wanting to buy her house have like 2 or 3 days left to sell theirs, then it's still gotta go through escrow if they end up buying it.

how much does it cost to ship a car cross country like that?

yea, well i tried to make a poll, but its different now and i guess it didnt work. now there is no button to add a poll anymore

Quoted post[/post]]
ehh, i got a while to think it over. the people wanting to buy her house have like 2 or 3 days left to sell theirs, then it's still gotta go through escrow if they end up buying it.

how much does it cost to ship a car cross country like that?
i got the car shipped from florida to CT it was 490 if i remember correctly

ok, this is an all-points bulletin.

IF you need a car driven across country, Find a running Dune Buggy in your area, send me pics. Upon approval, buy it (Like a $500 one) and I'll drive that car to you, and drive the Dune Buggy back home.

Dune Buggys are like $10 in every area but MINE.

Because Scott's Celica is REALLY nice.

Quoted post[/post]]

IF you need a car driven across country, Find a running Dune Buggy in your area, send me pics. Upon approval, buy it (Like a $500 one) and I'll drive that car to you, and drive the Dune Buggy back home.

you mean like a sandrail? or one of those old school buggys that use a VW chassis, and have the fiberglass body?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

you mean like a sandrail? or one of those old school buggys that use a VW chassis, and have the fiberglass body?

The latter. Steve's been obsessing over getting one for months now.

those are all over out here in cali. i hate those things, ugly as hell.

Right, they are everywhere in California. Get me one, running, for as cheap as possible (Send me pics first) and I'll deliver any car you need. Just as long as the buggy can get back.

That, and... aw shit.. this offer has been up for so long that I forgot it's winter again. Damn. Well, next year :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Right, they are everywhere in California. Get me one, running, for as cheap as possible (Send me pics first) and I'll deliver any car you need. Just as long as the buggy can get back.

That, and... aw shit.. this offer has been up for so long that I forgot it's winter again. Damn. Well, next year :)
i can't see any 500 dollar buggy getting you across the country without a problem

Back